Rory's Dad, Daniel / Danny

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Rory's Dad, Daniel / Danny

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Mar 2015, 11:28

Here you go Suby and all Rory fans..

At last a picture of Rory's Da' Danny / Daniel Gallagher.. a fine musician like Rory too :)

Don't know if he looks like Rory or Donal.. yet he appears very much like Rory's nephew Daniel to me :)
Jay Jay

Postby Hazel » 14 Mar 2015, 14:34

I read that Daniel left the family and Rory didn't have much time for him although Donal did and Rory didn't like that much. I also read that Daniel died a lonely old man. Can't remember where I read it though.
Hazel

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Mar 2015, 14:51

Hazel wrote:I read that Daniel left the family and Rory didn't have much time for him although Donal did and Rory didn't like that much. I also read that Daniel died a lonely old man. Can't remember where I read it though.

Welcome back on the boards Hazel :)

Like I said if you look back earlier in this topic. IMHO it was probably a mutual agreement between Monica (Mother) & Daniel( father) if the truth be known. That Rory's mother should leave her husband living / working in the volatile Derry (Londonderry). So she could take her two young boys back to the safer haven of Cork, where her family lived.
Rory would not have time in the 70's especially as he was so busy gigging around the world. He hardly saw his mother even. Only at Christmas...Donal must have had a good love for his Da / Daniel yes as he named his son after him..

Daniel Gallagher is now the main man running and in control of most of Rory's business :)
Jay Jay

Postby photofinish » 14 Mar 2015, 15:27

How do we know Rory only ever saw his mother at Xmas..?
photofinish

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Mar 2015, 15:43

photofinish wrote:How do we know Rory only ever saw his mother at Xmas..?

Mark, I Don't know if it was only at Christmas time. I'm specifically saying the period in the 70's though. As Rory was touring the world relentlessly more than he did in the late 80's especially..As we know from NFSF. Rory's absence was made up to his mother by sending postcards and frequent phone calls on his world tours.

Maybe you know more they I do?.. being a good friend of Rory..

Did he used to nip over in his private jet from London to Cork on a rare day off? lol :lol:
Jay Jay

Postby Tibbierocks » 14 Mar 2015, 20:44

I agree that I can see Donal's sons in Daniel. I've seen 2 of them. That's a dapper little bow tie Daniel is wearing in that shot. is that some silver prize cups in front of him?
Tibbierocks

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Mar 2015, 21:12

Jay Jay wrote:
Hazel wrote:I read that Daniel left the family and Rory didn't have much time for him although Donal did and Rory didn't like that much. I also read that Daniel died a lonely old man. Can't remember where I read it though.

Welcome back on the boards Hazel :)

Like I said if you look back earlier in this topic. IMHO it was probably a mutual agreement between Monica (Mother) & Daniel( father) if the truth be known. That Rory's mother should leave her husband living / working in the volatile Derry (Londonderry). So she could take her two young boys back to the safer haven of Cork, where her family lived.
Rory would not have time in the 70's especially as he was so busy gigging around the world. He hardly saw his mother even. Only at Christmas...Donal must have had a good love for his Da / Daniel yes as he named his son after him..

Daniel Gallagher is now the main man running and in control of most of Rory's business :)

Quite plausible, the most important thing on a parents' mind is keeping their children safe. I can see where their mother would want to have them grow up in a less violent climate. I would do the same. I did the same.
RobertaSparrow

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome