Guten Abend Albrecht Metzger and Hendrik Bussiek

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Guten Abend Albrecht Metzger and Hendrik Bussiek

Postby Tibbierocks » 21 Jul 2014, 08:05

Can we take a moment to pay tribute to the terrific hosting skills of Albrecht Metzger and Hendrik Bussiek during Rockpalast Essen 1977? :D :D :D

I was watching this last night and I had forgotten just how good they are:

'Good evening to single people listening on headphones and to young people drinking beer at the youthclub'

Er, what? Say it again :lol:
And then they go about Rory Mcguinn on roller skates.

Meanwhile Moonchild is playing in the playground and I'm shouting shut up at the telly, Rory's playing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If they host the Brit Awards next year, I promise I'll watch it. :D Legends!
Tibbierocks

Re: Guten Abend Albrecht Metzger and Hendrik Bussiek

Postby Tibbierocks » 21 Jul 2014, 08:07

Oh and I almost forgot the interview just before the encore:

'Are you satisfied with the audience, Rory?'
And if he had said no, what was Albrecht going to do? Round 'em up and flog 'em? LOL! :-D
Tibbierocks

Postby capo » 21 Jul 2014, 09:51

You should see what poor Rory had to endure the year before at the 1976 in studio Rockpalast. After filming an acoustic and electric set that took all day, a clearly exhausted Rory had to endure a last minute interview segment where he was asked such gems like "What is da Blues"! Rory handled it with grace but was clearly tired and looking for the nearest exit!
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 21 Jul 2014, 12:06

capo wrote:You should see what poor Rory had to endure the year before at the 1976 in studio Rockpalast. After filming an acoustic and electric set that took all day, a clearly exhausted Rory had to endure a last minute interview segment where he was asked such gems like "What is da Blues"! Rory handled it with grace but was clearly tired and looking for the nearest exit!

:lol: It's one of my favorite interviews. Rory is so patient and graceful, and you know he'd rather be relaxing and unwinding anywhere else. 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tibbierocks » 21 Jul 2014, 15:25

capo wrote:You should see what poor Rory had to endure the year before at the 1976 in studio Rockpalast. After filming an acoustic and electric set that took all day, a clearly exhausted Rory had to endure a last minute interview segment where he was asked such gems like "What is da Blues"! Rory handled it with grace but was clearly tired and looking for the nearest exit!

yes, I know that one. rory was very polite through out it. He came across as a very well brought up young man :D
Tibbierocks

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome