RORY Never Found a Soulmate ~ Why?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: RORY Never Found a Soulmate ~ Why?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 17 Jul 2014, 15:27

Jay Jay wrote: Rory in later years only trusted his strat and family with Tom more and more. No one else, after all the heartache he probably went through with his love life let-downs and musically included too.

That's true of all of us, the more we go through the more jaded? wise? cynical? we become. Each hurt, injury, betrayal, whether real or perceived is going to leave its mark. I suspect an artist probably feels those slights more intensely than the average person, and with his health at stake, Rory probably didn't have the energy to spare, so kept to himself. I can appreciate that.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Annie Elliott » 20 Jul 2014, 20:37

I think he would have had a loving relationship, had he lived longer.
Last edited by Annie Elliott on 15 Jun 2015, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Annie Elliott

Postby Tibbierocks » 21 Jul 2014, 08:15

Because he never met me. :-D :-D But seriously, I think most people just settle for someone - anyone.... especially if they are getting older. I know lots of people who have just gone oh well, this person will have to do. Rory, he didn't. I think he took love seriously, too seriously to just throw in his lot with anyone and then well, his health failed him.

I'm not on the road and I've never found a soulmate or anyone close to it. I'm in my 30s and I'm single - It does happen. This great lasting epic love affair.... the older you get the more cynical you get about it and the chances. Plus the more failed relationships, the weary a person becomes. Dating - makes me want to run to hills.

I have a lot of empathy for Rory on this subject. It's a minefield out there. Lots of ladies would have wanted him but probably for his fame, perceived money (I've no idea if he had any of not)... he would have known that.

In his 20s/30s, he was too busy touring and creating all those songs. No time. Relationships take up so much time and energy. When he got to 40, I think well... his health, you know... if he hadn't of had those problems, he probably would have ended up married.
Tibbierocks

Postby RobertaSparrow » 21 Jul 2014, 12:09

Marry in haste, repent at leisure. There is a reason why these old sayings have been around so long. ;)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tibbierocks » 21 Jul 2014, 15:33

Absolutely! I would only marry once and for the right reasons.

When you get into your 30s, a lot of what is left to choose from is left for a reason, for eg, one ex had narcissistic personality disorder; another was believed to be sociopath by some of the mental health nurses I know and 2 were in closet! That's just some of the dating experiences I've had in the last 5 years!

As a man, yeah, Rory could have gone for younger women, but there's some crazy people out there and those get left for a reason... he could have been quite vulnerable - poor health, lonely, but he kept his guard up and kept the nutters out.

I think it gets harder the older you get. Jaded, cynical, broken hearts, bad experiences, plus you don't go clubbing and pubbing were a lot people meet their partners. you keep busy, life gets in the way - you don't have time to meet people and date and get to know them. It's much easier to do in your late teens and early 20s without all the responsibilies life throws at you.

If Rory hadn't of gotten ill, then I think he might have ended up with a younger woman. Slowed up the touring, more time at home. It could have happened.
Tibbierocks

Postby Jay Jay » 21 Jul 2014, 20:16

Tibbierocks wrote: I think most people just settle for someone - anyone.... especially if they are getting older. I know lots of people who have just gone oh well, this person will have to do. Rory, he didn't. I think he took love seriously, too seriously to just throw in his lot with anyone and then well, his health failed him.
I'm not on the road and I've never found a soulmate or anyone close to it. I'm in my 30s and I'm single - It does happen. This great lasting epic love affair.... the older you get the more cynical you get about it and the chances. Plus the more failed relationships, the weary a person becomes. Dating - makes me want to run to hills.
I have a lot of empathy for Rory on this subject. It's a minefield out there. Lots of ladies would have wanted him but probably for his fame, perceived money (I've no idea if he had any of not)... he would have known that.
In his 20s/30s, he was too busy touring and creating all those songs. No time. Relationships take up so much time and energy. When he got to 40, I think well... his health, you know... if he hadn't of had those problems, he probably would have ended up married.

Tibbierrocks, I agree with most of this analysis..

Adding a little .. not forgetting Rory was as he called himself a "superstitious catholic " too..
Plus finding his parents spliting up and living apart in his life in his early years, must have been a big influence on him. On how he looked at a lasting relationship between a man and a woman, to become close and soulmates forever.
Jay Jay

Postby maybeiwill » 24 Jul 2014, 19:39

Age can make you jaded and cynical, I agree, but I don't exactly consider someone in their 40's to be "old" and why would marrying a younger woman necessarily be a good thing? Because Rory was Catholic, perhaps he just wanted to be as discerning as possible to avoid the possibility of divorce? Let's face it; only Rory knew why he never married or found "the one." So, though we can create as many scenarios and theories as we choose, it was ultimately his personal life and none of our business.
maybeiwill

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome