RORY Never Found a Soulmate ~ Why?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

RORY Never Found a Soulmate ~ Why?

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Jul 2014, 08:45

Considering he had everything else ??

HotRory.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: RORY Never Found a Soulmate ~ Why?

Postby fuel_to_the_fire » 16 Jul 2014, 09:05

Rory was a musician and as most musicians he was sensitive and candid. He spent so much time on the road that he didn't meet anyone who could cultivate that feeling. I'm a guitarist myself and I know that pain inside when no one in the world doesn't understand who you are. Its not easy to carry such a burden by yourself but it makes you strong. That's what Rory did and tragically it might've been his undoing
fuel_to_the_fire

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 Jul 2014, 15:42

Jay Jay wrote:Considering he had everything else ??

HotRory.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

Because he was a moving target? :lol: I'm sure there were people with whom he could have formed that lifelong bond, but it's all so subject to chance, being in the right place, at the right time. If you think of this life, of the paths each of us are on, sort of as a massive labyrinth, of meetings and partings, some of us get lucky, and meet their soulmate at at just the right place and time, and in a place where they have time to find that out. It never happened for Rory, not the right person, at the right place, in the right time.

If he had, I think he might still be with us, because I think he needed someone to walk the path with him, to take on some of the weight.

IMO, it doesn't end here, life is eternal, and maybe he didn't cross paths with his soulmate this time around. But maybe he has before, and will again. 8-)

Some perhaps on these very sites that would have liked to have found out if they could have been the one. :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby capo » 16 Jul 2014, 16:29

Heres a thought; because he ran out of time.
capo

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Jul 2014, 17:15

capo wrote:Heres a thought; because he ran out of time.

RobertaSparrow wrote:It never happened for Rory, not the right person, at the right place, in the right time.

No I don't go with that Capo. Donal his younger brother was on the move with Rory also all the time..
Yet found his soulmate Mrs Gallagher in the 70's / 80's..

How do we know it never happened with Rory. Going from just his songs. We know he was passionate with his music. So why shouldn't he have been passionate with the loves in his life. Maybe he did have one love Etched in his heart but ended Edged in Blue for Rory? With the woman playing with a ball of twine??
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 Jul 2014, 17:24

He just didn't get a chance to met the right one is all.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Jul 2014, 17:41

RobertaSparrow wrote:He just didn't get a chance to met her is all.

Sorry Cynthia, I can't go with that line at all..

Rory fell in love easily with many good looking guitars. With all the good looking woman he must have met in his life.
He must have fell in love with a few?????

Donal's book we are awaiting won't tell us either I doubt very much. Whom Rory fell in love with in his 20's & 30's especially?
Maybe I'll get it out of Donal about "Rory's lost loves" next time I'm chatting into the early hours of the morning with him ;)

They may have been very brief love affairs encountered by Rory but "LOVE IS LOVE" when it gets deep into your heart & soul <3

PS. I don't go along either with how Bob Geldof In Ghost Blues describes Rory. Sort of suggesting that Rory was priest like.

# SOUNDS COME CRASHING AND I HEAR LAUGHING # :lol: .....
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 Jul 2014, 17:59

Jay Jay wrote:He must have fell in love with a few?????

Donal's book we are awaiting won't tell us either I doubt very much. Whom Rory fell in love with in his 20's & 30's especially?
Maybe I'll get it out of Donal about "Rory's lost loves" next time I'm chatting into the early hours of the morning with him ;)

They may have been very brief love affairs encountered by Rory but "LOVE IS LOVE" when it gets deep into your heart & soul <3

I'm sure there was at least one, and I'm just guessing here, but if Rory confided in Donal, and Rory wants it kept private, not you and a million wild horses are going to drag it out of him. But yeah, I bet he did, at least once, very deeply, and I'd guess Donal knows, and will never tell. :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby capo » 16 Jul 2014, 20:19

You misunderstand what I meant Jay Jay. He ran out of time because his life ended so young. Who knows had he lived. Some find love late in life. Anyway......
capo

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Jul 2014, 20:37

capo wrote:You misunderstand what I meant Jay Jay. He ran out of time because his life ended so young. Who knows had he lived. Some find love late in life. Anyway......

No I didn't misunderstand. I know what you meant..

He lived 20 years more than Hendrix. Not to compare that is with the likes and many other musicians that really died much too young :(

if he'd have lived longer. IMHO the less chance he would have found a "TRUE LOVE & SOULMATE ". Rory in later years only trusted his strat and family with Tom more and more. No one else, after all the heartache he probably went through with his love life let-downs and musically included too.
Jay Jay

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome