Bob Dylan Plays Cork Tonite. Any Chance Of Rory Tribute?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Bob Dylan Plays Cork Tonite. Any Chance Of Rory Tribute?

Postby capo » 16 Jun 2014, 09:35

This is probably a wasted thread and topic because its unlikely to happen. Dylan, a professed Rory fan, has played Cork many times since Rory's passing and has not ever made any comment from the stage about Rory or of course performed a song. He does do this sometimes, a Lennon song in Liverpool, a Animals song in Newcastle, or if not a song a shout out. How come no Rory comments. Bob is known to walk, in disguise, the cities he plays, how could he miss all the Rory tributes? Statues, streets, bars, libraries, ect. I always say my Holy Trinity is Rory, Bob, and Neil Young. It bothers me he ignores Rory's legacy in his hometown. With the 14th just a few days ago, maybe Bob will do the right thing. "Could Of Had Religion", maybe? Come on Bob, do the right thing!
capo

Re: Bob Dylan Plays Cork Tonite. Any Chance Of Rory Tribute?

Postby capo » 16 Jun 2014, 10:05

As a postscript, I just posted what I said above on the Isis fansite on Facebook, which is the main Dylan group site, although there are many, but I belong to this group. Lets see what kind of response I get or someone tells Bob. Yes, I am delusional! And can't spell worth a damn. Peace. An Update. I am already getting crap from Dylan fans, one asking "When did Bob ever profess to be a big fan"? So I told all the Rory/Bob stories listing book sources and pages! Ha. If anybody wants to go to Facebook and type in Isis, you can see what I posted. I expect more negative posts. Its Bob Dylan- Isis Magazine on Facebook.
Last edited by capo on 16 Jun 2014, 10:52, edited 2 times in total.
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 Jun 2014, 10:33

capo wrote:This is probably a wasted thread and topic because its unlikely to happen. Dylan, a professed Rory fan, has played Cork many times since Rory's passing and has not ever made any comment from the stage about Rory or of course performed a song. He does do this sometimes, a Lennon song in Liverpool, a Animals song in Newcastle, or if not a song a shout out. How come no Rory comments. Bob is known to walk, in disguise, the cities he plays, how could he miss all the Rory tributes? Statues, streets, bars, libraries, ect. I always say my Holy Trinity is Rory, Bob, and Neil Young. It bothers me he ignores Rory's legacy in his hometown. With the 14th just a few days ago, maybe Bob will do the right thing. "Could Of Had Religion", maybe? Come on Bob, do the right thing!

Well, If he does, I hope to God someone videotapes it, because

1. I'd love to hear it, and
2. Otherwise I don't think I'd believe he did it . . .

But I want to believe :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby JimLED » 16 Jun 2014, 10:57

Well, If he does, he will turn his back direct to the crowd and start singing, as he did in Russia, when whole Bob's gig fans just saw his back..
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 Jun 2014, 12:43

JimLED wrote:Well, If he does, he will turn his back direct to the crowd and start singing, as he did in Russia, when whole Bob's gig fans just saw his back..

Well, Dylan is eccentric to say the least. It would be nice if he would give Rory a mention. Would be nice if he would do Ballyshannon next year, and/or other notables. Bring Rory into the spotlight for his 20 year.
RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 17 Jun 2014, 05:51

So, anyone on this board who was there? And did he mention Rory? (fingers crossed and holding breath)
RobertaSparrow

Postby capo » 17 Jun 2014, 16:08

Checking the Expecting Rain Dylan site which publishes in real time each concert, song by song, sad to say nothing was said about Rory. I'm not surprised, I was just hoping. Let us not forget that Bob did send that telegram, that Rory kept by his bedside as his life ebbed away, wishing God's Blessing on him and hoping he would be playing again. That's more important than any tribute now that Rory couldn't enjoy. Anyway.....
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 17 Jun 2014, 17:02

Still, Dylan is big enough, you'd think he could spare a kind word for Rory in his home town, near the anniversary of his passing.
RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 05 Jul 2014, 17:23

In case anyone wonders what happened, this thread started to wander into an earlier one, so I severed it and moved it to "could have had religion." :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome