It's Rory's Anniversary

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: It's Rory's Anniversary

Postby SUBY1974 » 14 Jun 2014, 22:51

Dear Sweet Rory, Wherever you are stay safe. We continue to make sure your music legacy lives on forever. When we see you again we all look forward to the special show you will do for us. Love Subrata and Susie. xxxxxx
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Jun 2014, 00:21

JimLED wrote:Blue day. I will always remember you, Rory.

That is the most poignant pairing of video and one of Rory's most heartfelt songs ever. It always makes me cry. It's beautiful. But, we need to have a New Orleans style party for him, we all need to form the second line, and send him some love and joy and celebration. Send back to him some of that powerful, exuberant, intense happiness to surround his spirit, same as he did for us whenever we saw him play!

For you Rory!
RobertaSparrow

Postby Madrid74 » 15 Jun 2014, 02:05

When I read about Rory's passing, I felt as if someone had struck me with a hammer. I went for a walk and arrived at one of my favourites places and suddenly I realized I was witnessing one of the most gorgeous sunsets I ever seen, which brought me a peaceful feeling as well as the idea of how commemorate this day. obviously with music.
So every year I attend a gig on this date, that's my way to celebrate how I enjoyed all the times I saw him play.

Honestly I prefer a celebration instead of a mourning, and I have the feeling that Rory would agree ...

Madrid74

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Jun 2014, 17:08

Madrid74 wrote:When I read about Rory's passing, I felt as if someone had struck me with a hammer. I went for a walk and arrived at one of my favourites places and suddenly I realized I was witnessing one of the most gorgeous sunsets I ever seen, which brought me a peaceful feeling as well as the idea of how commemorate this day. obviously with music.
So every year I attend a gig on this date, that's my way to celebrate how I enjoyed all the times I saw him play.

Honestly I prefer a celebration instead of a mourning, and I have the feeling that Rory would agree ...

Hey, I like that! I bet that would bring a smile to Rory's face. That guitarist has an interesting style, and a few little moves that I haven't seen since I was a little girl watching my uncle play guitar for me! :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Sid_Sidow » 20 Jun 2014, 09:01

Spent the day working at my father-in-law's cabin.
Wearing a Rory T-shirt, texting my kids to remind them and listening to IT '74 ALL DAY!!

Love you man!!!!!
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome