Rory's custom lyrics, 7 days?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory's custom lyrics, 7 days?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 17 Apr 2014, 20:14

Rory never seemed to do the same song exactly the same way twice, and not just the way he played the music. He'd constantly change the lyrics as well, did it on the fly. Changed them to suit his mood, or the audience, or just because he wanted to. Usually I understand the what and the why, but this snippet of a recording has me stumped.

Rory's live performances were always a treat because of this, because you never quite knew where he was going to take the music, and the audience. This recording of Seven Days is not complete, but it's unique. I don't know who was taping it, almost looks like a home movie. Whoever it is is off to the side of the stage, perhaps a friend or relative of the band or Rory's entourage, so for the most part, you see Rory from the side of the stage as one would who was invited to watch and film from that rather privileged position.

At the beginning of the clip, which unfortunately does not begin at the beginning of the song, Rory sings as he motions toward his left and right hands, ""I put some whiskey on my left and on my right, . . it was 636354, I was out of sight"

Can anyone tell me what he meant? If he was referring to the strength of whiskey, is he talking about a percent of alcohol? Does he mean 63% or 120 proof? Or is he talking about something entirely different?

The lyrics are not the same, not even close, to the official lyrics that he wrote:

SEVEN DAYS OF THUNDER
EIGHT DAYS OF RAIN
THE FEELING THAT I’M UNDER
IS LIKE A BALL ‘N CHAIN
LIKE A BALL ‘N CHAIN

JUST ROUND THE CORNER
I KNOW A STORE
GONNA TRADE IN MY RAZOR AND
BUY A FORTY-FOUR
AND I’LL COME KNOCKING
KNOCKING DOOR TO DOOR
THE FEELING IN MY HEAD IS