RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE Introduced to World 45 Years Ago

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE Introduced to World 45 Years Ago

Postby Jay Jay » 02 Apr 2014, 18:01

It's quite a coincidence that Jim did that April fools prank / joke yesterday about Taste IOW release and also a shame that it was not true..
As yesterday was the anniversary of the First Taste Album..

taste_album_cover.jpg

45 years have passed since the world was introduced to the singular talents of Irish guitarist Rory Gallagher via the classic self-titled first album by his power trio TASTE. Assuming the world was paying attention, that is. You see, Gallagher’s name may elicit mere hints of familiarity to casual music fans, but for any self-respecting students of the electric guitar, it represents the epitome of personal and artistic craftsmanship devoted to both blues and rock. For fellow Irishmen, Rory meant even more: he was nothing less than a national folk hero.

Read More: 45 Years Ago: Rory Gallagher and Taste Release Their Debut Album
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/taste-de ... ck=tsmclip

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER & TASTE Introduced to World 45 Years Ago

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Apr 2014, 13:39

As I was reminded by my FB friend George Kitteringham, brother of Eric Kitteringham, founder member with Rory of The Taste or Taste MK1..

George Kitteringham : Not strictly the "1st" Taste as the original bass player my brother Eric Kitteringham and drummer Norman Damery had left prior to the album being recorded/released.

Rory Gallagher & Tasteful friends : It was the 1st Taste Album released to the world. But of course you are correct " The Taste " were the 1st to release a great single record " Blister On The Moon " With your brother Eric and Norman Damery. Taste's original founder members with Rory :)
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 06 Apr 2014, 15:29

Jay Jay wrote:As I was reminded by my FB friend George Kitteringham, brother of Eric Kitteringham, founder member with Rory of The Taste or Taste MK1..

George Kitteringham : Not strictly the "1st" Taste as the original bass player my brother Eric Kitteringham and drummer Norman Damery had left prior to the album being recorded/released.

Rory Gallagher & Tasteful friends : It was the 1st Taste Album released to the world. But of course you are correct " The Taste " were the 1st to release a great single record " Blister On The Moon " With your brother Eric and Norman Damery. Taste's original founder members with Rory :)

8-) Ah yes, The Taste, Rory's original band, the musicians/friends that he gathered together to form his trio, and create that unique sound. I imagine Rory would have gotten the world's attention as much as, or maybe even more than the subsequent incarnation of Taste. The original band was good enough to generate their own following, and get the attention of the management who later signed him, and proceeded to interfere in his creative decisions. Would the original band had continued to climb further up the ladder of success? No one will ever know, it's all speculation. But Rory had a way of stirring up emotions and reactions in his audience with his playing. I suspect he was every bit as inspiring and driving as the leader of the band, brought out the passion and emotion in the audience, and brought out the best in the musicians with whom he shared the stage. I suspect they would have gone on to wonderful things had they gotten the attention of the right management/benefactor. Perhaps Rory and The Taste would have gone on to do the IOW and beyond.

Rory was so young then, a brilliant artist, a musical prodigy. But he was a naive, inexperienced child-businessman in a world of entrepreneurial jackals. What if, upon being told by his manager that he could be signed to a record contract if only he would go with that manager's choice of bass player and drummer, he had instead said something like, "these are the musicians I selected, go suck eggs," dumped the manager and kept his original lineup, what would have come of them? Oh, the possibilities that could have been.

Maybe in a reality of multi-verses the original Taste did just that. :o :shock: :o Spurs the imagination! :lol:

P.S. What tune is on the reverse side of that 45?
RobertaSparrow

Postby folkdeejay » 07 Apr 2014, 16:24

RobertaSparrow wrote:
Jay Jay wrote:As I was reminded by my FB friend George Kitteringham, brother of Eric Kitteringham, founder member with Rory of The Taste or Taste MK1..

8-) Ah yes, The Taste, Rory's original band, the musicians/friends that he gathered together to form his trio, and create that unique sound. I imagine Rory would have gotten the world's attention as much as, or maybe even more than the subsequent incarnation of Taste. The original band was good enough to generate their own following, and get the attention of the management who later signed him, and proceeded to interfere in his creative decisions. Would the original band had continued to climb further up the ladder of success? No one will ever know, it's all speculation. But Rory had a way of stirring up emotions and reactions in his audience with his playing. I suspect he was every bit as inspiring and driving as the leader of the band, brought out the passion and emotion in the audience, and brought out the best in the musicians with whom he shared the stage. I suspect they would have gone on to wonderful things had they gotten the attention of the right management/benefactor. Perhaps Rory and The Taste would have gone on to do the IOW and beyond.

Rory was so young then, a brilliant artist, a musical prodigy. But he was a naive, inexperienced child-businessman in a world of entrepreneurial jackals. What if, upon being told by his manager that he could be signed to a record contract if only he would go with that manager's choice of bass player and drummer, he had instead said something like, "these are the musicians I selected, go suck eggs," dumped the manager and kept his original lineup, what would have come of them? Oh, the possibilities that could have been.

Maybe in a reality of multi-verses the original Taste did just that. :o :shock: :o Spurs the imagination! :lol:

P.S. What tune is on the reverse side of that 45?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-TASTE-BLI ... 1c3ec86722

According to this - it is ... Born on the Wrong Side of TOWN ... ??
folkdeejay

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Apr 2014, 16:52

folkdeejay wrote:P.S. What tune is on the reverse side of that 45?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-TASTE-BLI ... 1c3ec86722

According to this - it is ... Born on the Wrong Side of TOWN ... ??

Yes, It must be a misprinted B side label there. Should be of course the track on Taste's 1st album " Born On The Wrong Side Of TIME " not Town :roll:
Jay Jay

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome