RORY'S '61 Strat ~ Next Guitarist to Play?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Who do you think should be the next guitarist to be honored with playing Rory's strat???

Poll ended at 05 Apr 2014, 22:34

Slash
31%
The Edge
No votes
Brian May
46%
Jimmy Page
23%

Total votes : 13

Re: RORY'S '61 Strat ~ Next Guitarist to Play?

Postby kym08 » 09 Mar 2014, 01:18

Initially my reaction was Slash as he sounds very sympatico and honours Rory in a humble admiration. He showed insight into Rory's sensitive spirit in the "Ghost Blues: The story of Rory Gallagher" dvd. However, I would like the honour to go to Jimmy Page, as he was a kindred spirit I think, and his talent and genius would showcase Rory's guitar the most magically, and he is the best guitarist alive and historically. Jimmy is just as sensitive as Rory was, and seems to feel his music with the same absorbed expression and body language as Rory, like their bodies were one with the guitar, an extension of the guitar. They share that dedication. Also they share the same musical influences like Lonnie Donnigan, and are both rooted in the blues. Just my humble opinion. ;)
kym08

Postby ILY » 10 Mar 2014, 18:58

Jay Jay wrote:So far there has been Bernie Marsden, Joe Bonamassa and Johnny Marr..
that have been honored to play Rory's famous '61 stratocaster since his passing

rory1.jpg

Who do you think should be the next guitarist to be honored with playing Rory's strat???

I would like to hear and see Derek Trucks playing Rory's strat.
ILY

Postby Chris OK » 16 Mar 2014, 01:24

I have to vote for Slash. He seems like a great ambassador for Rorys music.
Chris OK

Postby Chris OK » 16 Mar 2014, 01:31

Maybe even Glen Tipton from Judas Priest. He plays Strats and went to see Rory often in his youth. He even says he got his work ethic from Rory. Great read on his own website.
Chris OK

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome