Rory's Romantic Songs ~ Happy Valentines Day

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory's Romantic Songs ~ Happy Valentines Day

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Feb 2014, 12:51

Happy Valentines Day :) :) :)

Jay Jay

Re: Rory's Romantic Songs ~ Happy Valentines Day

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Feb 2014, 17:28

Wanna know what I think? I think Rory wrote this about a woman he was in love with- the lyrics are too heartfelt . . .

I wonder who she was? Whoever she was, she was a fool to not hang on to him . . .

Happy Valentine's Day All You Rory People!!!
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Feb 2014, 21:35

RobertaSparrow wrote:Wanna know what I think? I think Rory wrote this about a woman he was in love with- the lyrics are too heartfelt . . .I wonder who she was? Whoever she was, she was a fool to not hang on to him . . .

Ditto these two songs also Cynthia?? Especially I Fall Apart

Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Feb 2014, 21:59

:( Especially I Fall Apart . . . :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby JimLED » 15 Feb 2014, 00:04

Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Feb 2014, 02:15

JimLED wrote:For The Last Time

:shock: Hmmmm . . . it's a pretty melody, and Rory would certainly make a good Valentine's Day gift, but the song itself is about a guy dumping his girlfriend, because she has run out of chances with him, done him wrong for the last time- not something a woman wants to hear coming from a man, especially on Valentine's Day ;)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tibbierocks » 15 Feb 2014, 17:51

and this one... Just the smile.

loads and loads of rory songs to me sound as if he had written them for a girlfriend. I really don't buy the notion that he never had girlfriends apart from that mysterious one around the time of Taste. I think he dated through out his life, but he keep it quiet/secret from the band.

And yes, I think these women were mad to throw Rory over.
Tibbierocks

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 Feb 2014, 02:55

I don't know how I could forget this one. Was cleaning my house and this one came on the iPod, a sweet love song which really showcases Rory's acoustic side-

And this must have been inspired by a specific woman- 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tibbierocks » 16 Feb 2014, 16:25

Agreed. When I first started to listen to Rory, I knew little about him, so I didn't know the whole 'married to his guitar, who was the love of his life' line. I was surprised because to me he seemed to be someone who had loved (and lost) several times over and the whole notion that he didn't date just seems ridiculous to me. In fact, I don't believe it. I haven't read that many interview with Rory, but when I do he seems to be always talking about women - actresses he fancied, what he liked in a woman, the old quote about the woman who married his friend, etc. In the one interview he says he's been in love many times, but that seems to get ignored and instead it's back to the only woman he loved was his guitar line. I don't think that's true at all. So many of his songs are aimed at a woman/women and he sings it like he means it! You can hear the emotion. My theory is Rory was the nice guy women saw as a friend. I can think back at guys I knew who I wouldn't have considered as a boyfriend, but in hindsight, I probably mucked up. Us girlies tend to pick bad boys/wrong uns for quite a while. What I wanted in a guy when I was in my 20s isn't the same as now. I think Rory might have suffered from being the friend, never the boyfriend.
Tibbierocks

Postby SUBY1974 » 16 Feb 2014, 19:38

Happy Belated Valentines to everyone on Loosetalk and to Rory as well. Subrata. x May love be in your lives every single day and forever...as well as Rory and his music. xxxxxxx
SUBY1974

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome