Coming to my home town - Rory did - Classical

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Coming to my home town - Rory did - Classical

Postby Tibbierocks » 11 Feb 2014, 14:19

I've just found out back in December 1988 Rory played my home town! No one ever plays my home town. I can't believe he came to the leisure centre. Makes me love him all the more :D Time machine needed for 1988 please! I was only a child then and didn't know who he was. gutted!
Tibbierocks

Re: Coming to my home town - Rory did!

Postby JimLED » 11 Feb 2014, 14:39

Tibbierocks wrote:I've just found out back in December 1988 Rory played my home town! No one ever plays my home town. I can't believe he came to the leisure centre. Makes me love him all the more :D Time machine needed for 1988 please! I was only a child then and didn't know who he was. gutted!

Hi Tibbie! If you will find or invent time machine, please share it to me. I have a lots places where I gonna be! From the Taste Era ... :D
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Tibbierocks » 11 Feb 2014, 17:08

Hi Jim, yeah seeing Taste... Rory on sax. that's a thought. Also could see The Who, Small Faces, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin... a time machine is most definitely. One of my colleagues, who was in the room when I started to shrieking about Rory, thinks she probably went to the gig! I'm not jealous - much! :-D
Tibbierocks

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Feb 2014, 17:36

I'd like to get in line for that too. To wind back the clock, and know then all that I know now, to go back and see Rory when he was in Taste- when I was a teenager, and Rory was just becoming known to us over on this side of the planet (except I doubt I could get past security at the clubs- you had to be at least 18 to get in to most, and some restricted to 21).

Rory on sax, 10:10
RobertaSparrow

Postby JimLED » 11 Feb 2014, 20:35

And, if you have your own time machine and you can quickly by hand winding back the clocks on time, thus it's means that you can bring Rory from 1970 to our current year for a little trip?

Which good places you would like to show to him? Like some new good gigs, new authors of books, new tv-shows or cinema, new places? Where you'll be go with him in 2014? :D
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Feb 2014, 22:32

JimLED wrote:And, if you have your own time machine and you can quickly by hand winding back the clocks on time, thus it's means that you can bring Rory from 1970 to our current year for a little trip?

Which good places you would like to show to him? Like some new good gigs, new authors of books, new tv-shows or cinema, new places? Where you'll be go with him in 2014? :D

If I had that kind of power, first I'd give him a kindle and unlimited books, then take him to the festival in Ballyshannon so he could visit his celebration and see everyone gathered to celebrate him and his music . . . if I had that kind of power. :D
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 11 Feb 2014, 23:36

RobertaSparrow wrote:
If I had that kind of power, first I'd give him a kindle and unlimited books, then take him to the festival in Ballyshannon so he could visit his celebration and see everyone gathered to celebrate him and his music . . . if I had that kind of power. :D

No worries Cynthia...

That is why I go back every year to Ballyshannon for the Rory festival. As I felt from the very first festival and since in this small Irish town.. Rory's spirit and his music are around every street corner for sure :)
That's why also I suggested to the organiser Barry O'Neill over 10 years ago, for Rory to be immortalised there. Which gladly came to be as you see from my avatar picture, taken just after the Rory statue was unveiled in 2010 :)

Rock (Hospital) On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

Ps. Hi Tibbie, I saw Rory in concert a few times in 1988. Which venue was this concert at in your hometown? In fact that's an original Rory t shirt I am wearing in my avatar too from Rory's 1988 tour :)
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 12 Feb 2014, 00:05

Being a Science student I still read New Scientist mag and scientists are interested in time travel. Various experiments and theories have been made but I won't bore Rory fans with them. I know there are "ethical issues" but if they did develop it I would first go back and see my Nan and then go and see Rory and see Rory in concert. I agree Cynthia if only we had that type of power. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Tibbierocks » 12 Feb 2014, 10:14

Gloucester is my home town. Dreadful place :-D I can imagine Rory arriving there and saying to Donal 'why on earth have you booked me to play here?'. Looks like it was Rory's first and last trip to Gloucester LOL! Couldn't think why!

Books and places I'd take Rory.... My first thought was I would just want to try and make him laugh... use my sense of humour to try and impress him. ... sorry it's true. I'm sure you can all guess that I would have been interested in Rory from a romantic point of view :-D

Asides from the Tate modern comes to mind as the picasso show they did was rather good... I'll have to give it a think in terms of what books and films..I'll work on that through out the day.
Tibbierocks

Postby Tibbierocks » 12 Feb 2014, 10:15

On a serious note if I had Rory of 1970-something with me I think I would have to talk to him about doctors and medication and alcohol...

I
Tibbierocks

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome