Dress as Rory at work day - My immature moment?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Dress as Rory at work day - My immature moment?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Feb 2014, 01:07

Man does not live by flannel plaid alone . . .
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 08 Feb 2014, 21:45

Recently in London I am seeing guys wearing more check shirts these days. A colleague of mine who is in a band and is a guitarists wears them. He likes and respects Rory by the way. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby Tibbierocks » 08 Feb 2014, 21:55

RobertaSparrow wrote:Man does not live by flannel plaid alone . . .

:lol: :lol:
Tibbierocks

Postby Tibbierocks » 08 Feb 2014, 21:57

Flamenca wrote:He didn't dress in check shirt, jeans and plimsolls all of the time!
He was smartly dressed when I saw him taking his lady-friend out ;)

smartly dressed... wouldn't of you asked him to put a checked shirt on? ;) ;) ;) I know I would have. He looked good in plaid 8-) 8-)
Tibbierocks

Postby SUBY1974 » 08 Feb 2014, 22:05

In this interview with Spencer Leigh Rory says why he wore casual clothes on stage. Subrata.x

http://shadowplays.com/blog/?p=2147

Spencer Leigh: You don’t dress up for stage as you are known for your check shirts and jeans. Was this a deliberate move on your part?

Rory Gallagher: When I was a kid, you were expected to wear a white shirt and bow-tie and then I played with showbands for two years when I had to wear a uniform. I hated doing that. As a rule, I don’t like flashy clothes. It’s no big statement or image building or anything. I just like easy-going casual clothes. I would certainly feel self-conscious if somebody told me to go out in a silver jacket tonight.

In my opinion he was a very stylist man in his own wonderful way. x
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 08 Feb 2014, 22:12

In my wardrobe there are suits for work. I love anything with lace, embroidery, light blouses ( very ethereal spiritual look). I also wear tight t-shirts ( something i love since the 90s as young girls then wore them), jeans and bootleg trousers. I will wear heels but I mainly wear loafers, flats and ballad pumps. Yeah I think Pisceans are dresed practically to suit their lifestyle. I am not fashionable but I like to be comfortable. I also noticed that I do have quite a few Rory t-shirts and apparently Liz the lead singer of Seafieldfoxes has a picture of me in my Rory T-Shirt stuck on her wall with other photos!!Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome