Dress as Rory at work day - My immature moment?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Immature moment - dress as Rory at work day

Postby JimLED » 06 Feb 2014, 10:34

Sorry Tibbie, I never realize that you are a lady here.. I thought you are a guy :)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Tom Jonas » 06 Feb 2014, 11:34

I was surprised how much clothes he always was wearing when I saw the first of Rory's DVDs.
He seems to always have started with a button-upped jeans jacket and a flanel shirt (that's what we call it in Sweden). Soon the sweat was pooring from everywhere, including his hand, and I thought: -is he never going to at least take off the jacket?
Perhaps he was a frozen person (like my wife)?
On the other hand, all members in the band were soon dripping in sweat, and at least Brendan O'Neill had a large fan, and Ted McKenna played in shorts.
Tom Jonas

Re: Dress as Rory at work day - My immature moment?

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Feb 2014, 15:34

Tom Jonas wrote:Soon the sweat was pooring from everywhere, including his hand, and I thought: -is he never going to at least take off the jacket?

Hi Tom,
I saw Rory play live numerous times throughout the 70's. Let me assure you Rory did take his jacket off usually after about 3 songs. You can see this in the Live @ Montreux DVD's, clearly especially 77. When he takes it off with the bass Intro to Calling Card ;)
The jacket comes off in the 80's a bit later though. As in Rockpalast Loreley '82 it is the 7th song Bad Penny ;)
Jay Jay

Postby Sinner Girl » 06 Feb 2014, 17:16

@Tibbierocks glad to see on here , u posts on tumblr is terrific (jukeboxannie84-tumblr-nick )
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Tibbierocks » 06 Feb 2014, 18:21

Sinner Girl wrote:@Tibbierocks glad to see on here , u posts on tumblr is terrific (jukeboxannie84-tumblr-nick )

hello there *waves* :D I don't get much time for tumblr posting, but I thought I'd start one to spread the word of Rory as after all if I could grow up loving rock music, learning (and failing) to master the guitar and having a passion for Jimmy Page's playing, how on earth did I not know of Rory? so if I didn't know, then it must mean there's thousands or millions of people who if they heard Rory would love his music and be inspired to pick up the guitar or form a band or just buy all his cds and dvds :D I think we should all preach the word of Rory to the masses. He's up there with Hendrix and Page and he doesn't get the respect or even a mention! It's just plain wrong.
Tibbierocks

Postby Tibbierocks » 06 Feb 2014, 18:23

JimLED wrote:Sorry Tibbie, I never realize that you are a lady here.. I thought you are a guy :)

:lol: I am definitely a girl. :lol: A girl who doesn't like to wear dresses, but likes checked shirts and biker jackets and jeans more. I really like the way Rory dressed.
Tibbierocks

Postby RobertaSparrow » 07 Feb 2014, 04:37

Tibbierocks wrote:
Sinner Girl wrote:@Tibbierocks glad to see on here , u posts on tumblr is terrific (jukeboxannie84-tumblr-nick )

. . . :D I think we should all preach the word of Rory to the masses. He's up there with Hendrix and Page and he doesn't get the respect or even a mention! It's just plain wrong.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Tibbierocks, you're preaching to the choir ;)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tibbierocks » 07 Feb 2014, 09:05

yeah, I know I am :lol: but I've heard Rory on the radio, never seen him on tv apart from sky arts a couple of years back. It's just wrong. I heard all about Clapton, Beck, Peter Green, even David Gilmour, but never Rory as a guitarist. I don't understand why. It's criminal the neglect. Ok he didn't do singles, but neither did Zeppelin. I have introduced 2 ex boyfriends to Rory now, so I'm spreading the word - it is a very word of mouth thing with Rory, isn't it?
Tibbierocks

Postby vasdis » 07 Feb 2014, 18:54

Planet Rock played Rory's Shinkicker this morning at about 06-30,what a fantastic start to the day.Rory's songs really stand out from the heavier stuff
they play,such as the god awful AC-DC.
vasdis

Postby Flamenca » 07 Feb 2014, 21:55

He didn't dress in check shirt, jeans and plimsolls all of the time!
He was smartly dressed when I saw him taking his lady-friend out ;)
Flamenca

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome