Dress as Rory at work day - My immature moment?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Dress as Rory at work day - My immature moment?

Postby Tibbierocks » 03 Feb 2014, 18:59

please excuse me, it's been a long day at work and I'm becoming slightly hysterical, but I've hit on the idea of dressing as Rory for work tomorrow. I've got a red checked shirt ready, a pair of brown cords (I know he wore jeans, but I can't do that to work and I did see him in cords once) and of course trainers. Is this slightly immature of me? :D do you all think this idea could catch on? International dress as Rory Gallagher day. Excuse me, I'm off to have a lie down..
Tibbierocks

Re: Immature moment - dress as Rory at work day

Postby JimLED » 03 Feb 2014, 19:21

hi Tibbierocks,

I'm always dress as Rory. I have 10-12 shirts... but to tell the truth, the Chinese chequered shirts afraid to be washed for a couple times. After that, they become like a rag. The best chequered shirts was made in 50 - 60x..
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Tibbierocks » 04 Feb 2014, 09:22

Due to the time of year, I couldn't go with a demin jacket this morning... I also forgot to bring any Rory music to work so that right now in the 1st hour, when I'm alone in the office, I could crank it up. I hope me being silly would make Rory laugh. I have only 2 checked shirts. I must get more.
Tibbierocks

Postby Jay Jay » 04 Feb 2014, 16:50

Tibbierocks wrote:Due to the time of year, I couldn't go with a demin jacket this morning... I also forgot to bring any Rory music to work so that right now in the 1st hour, when I'm alone in the office, I could crank it up. I hope me being silly would make Rory laugh. I have only 2 checked shirts. I must get more.

Love it T'Rocks.. I'm sure Rory is smiling from the heavens :)

You've got some catching up to do with me.. I have at least 30 check/ tartan shirts.. Plus the same number of Rory T shirts :)
There is not a day that goes by when I have not got a Rory T shirt on.. In the winter sometimes two ;)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Tibbierocks » 04 Feb 2014, 17:15

I was asked this morning if I'd come as a tribute to monty python's lumberjack song :-D
I emailed the guy a link to Rory's wikipedia page in response.
I do have a very long way to go to equal you, Jay Jay :-D
Tibbierocks

Postby RobertaSparrow » 05 Feb 2014, 02:22

Here in the Pacific northwest every day is dress like Rory day. :lol:
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tibbierocks » 05 Feb 2014, 09:28

:-D :-D Reminds me of growing up and all the Seattle bands were in vogue. I really wanted a checked shirt but my mum said no they were for boys. :-D I've had a recount and I've 3 right now, not 2, so I'm doing ok...
Tibbierocks

Postby Jay Jay » 05 Feb 2014, 21:53

Tibbierocks wrote: :-D Reminds me of growing up and all the Seattle bands were in vogue. I really wanted a checked shirt but my mum said no they were for boys. :-D I've had a recount and I've 3 right now, not 2, so I'm doing ok...

Hey Tibbierocks,

I've been contemplating changing / editing your topic heading, instead of Immature to "Mature Moment - Dress as Rory at Work Day"..
As it could be seen by some members maybe, as a little disrespectful to Rory? As check shirt and jeans, was the great mans choice to go to work throughout his musical career. After he rejected the Irish show-bands regimental collar and tie and suits style of his early days as a young musician.
So Rory in my opinion had a mature moment in 1966 / 67. Plus one of the better pro decisions he made in his career..
Leaving in his legacy to many Rory fans, that go to tributes everywhere in their thousands. Like the Rory fest in Ballyshannon, packing their suitcases with check shirts and jeans every year. Just to wear that iconic same look of " the working mans guitarist "..
Of which Rory became to be known as by many fans, back in the day ;)

Rory Check this One.jpg

Rory Passion.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby Tibbierocks » 06 Feb 2014, 08:41

I meant immature as in me - being a grown woman and wanted to dress as someone else for day. Nothing to disrespect Rory. But I'm sure everyone figured that. If you want to change the title Jay Jay, then go ahead.
Tibbierocks

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Feb 2014, 09:31

Tibbierocks wrote:I meant immature as in me - being a grown woman and wanted to dress as someone else for day. Nothing to disrespect Rory. But I'm sure everyone figured that. If you want to change the title Jay Jay, then go ahead.

Yes Tibbierocks, no problem.
Everyone would see that after reading your initial first post. That you were absolutely showing no disrespect at all to Rory..
On the contrary, you and like I pointed out thousands of Rory fans are honoring his image and legacy by wearing his dress mode :)

It's just that I thought some folk could misconstrue by just reading the title?
I'll leave it as it is, as this topic is getting a good response rather than a negative one :)

Rock On for Rory (Wherever)
Slainte, Jay Jay

Ps. Excuse me for changing the title slightly to make it clearer at the starting point. 'Cause you do ask the question about immaturity ;)
Jay Jay

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome