Tattoo'd Lady

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Tattoo'd Lady

Postby Tom Jonas » 25 Jan 2014, 20:17

My favourite. The lyrics is so beautiful and a should be an excellent plot for a novel by a good (irish?) writer, Joseph O'Connor for example.
Tom Jonas

Re: Tattoo'd Lady

Postby Annie Elliott » 26 Jan 2014, 23:21

I agree with you 100%.
Last edited by Annie Elliott on 15 Jun 2015, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Annie Elliott

Postby Tom Jonas » 15 Feb 2014, 20:56

John Banville, born in Wexford, writes excellent novels with a detective touch, with an alias as Benjamin Black. Excellent books about a forensic pathologist named Quirke.
Tatto'd Lady would be a background for an excellent and macabre plot.
Tom Jonas

Postby Annie Elliott » 17 Feb 2014, 18:24

Last edited by Annie Elliott on 15 Jun 2015, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Annie Elliott

Postby RobertaSparrow » 17 Feb 2014, 19:43

There was an HBO series on here for a while, Carnivale- was really good till the network suits started interfering with the writers and artists- Tattoo'd Lady would have suited it perfectly- maybe a remake with some good writers and directors (the original had some good story lines), was a little mystery, a little thriller, and a little twilight zone. The series ran a few years after Rory left us. I wonder if Rory would have enjoyed it. I think he might have- it had elements of many of his song's themes; faith healers, palm readers, tarot cards, rambling caravans of carnival people, star-crossed loves, perceptions of good and evil, life and death in the balance. And especially of the main protagonist himself- a man/boy with no home, who has taken the carnival people- others who are outcast and wanderers, for his family, and roams the plains with them.

Yes, something like that, with Rory's music and themes, perhaps original and remixed to suite various moods?

Daughter of the Everglades? Seventh Son of a Seventh Son? Others that I can't name, but hear bits and pieces of Rory's lyrics . . . 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome