Rory in L.A., and Edwin Starr?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory in L.A., and Edwin Starr?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 04 Jan 2014, 17:45

Seems like there were other places/times/ events when I saw Rory in Los Angeles, I don't always find them in "This Day in Rory History."

And this has been bothering me for quite a while. Since this is a major gathering place for all things Rory, I figure this is the best place to ask:

I have a clear recollection of seeing Rory play, in the 1970's in Los Angeles at one of the clubs there (could be Hollywood- same difference to me) and he was on the same bill as Edwin Star, (War! What is it good for?). They didn't play together, but they performed the same night at the same club, each did two sets. I clearly remember seeing it, but cannot find any reference to it on the web. Anyone else, any other Angelenos remember that?
RobertaSparrow

Re: Rory in L.A., and Edwin Starr?

Postby Jay Jay » 05 Jan 2014, 20:03

RobertaSparrow wrote:I have a clear recollection of seeing Rory play, in the 1970's in Los Angeles at one of the clubs there (could be Hollywood- same difference to me) and he was on the same bill as Edwin Star, (War! What is it good for?). They didn't play together, but they performed the same night at the same club, each did two sets. I clearly remember seeing it, but cannot find any reference to it on the web. Anyone else, any other Angelenos remember that?

Yes Cynthia, as our Rory friend photofinish (Mark) pointed out the other day in the section " This Day In Rory History "..

Not everything is exact with all the dates. as you can imagine. Joachim Matz first collected all these Rory gig dates years ago, after Rory's passing..
It's been on going with them adding dates over the years since. Joachim stopped collecting and putting these dates down about 6 years ago now I think?

Our co moderator here John Ganjamie has took this over now on his site here look..
Last updated 11/17/2013 http://www.roryon.com/time.html

PS. I've been together on the same stage as Rory and Edwin Starr in the past, lol. I'll tell you about that when we meet someday hopefully ;)
Jay Jay

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome