What's Going On ~ Your RORY CHRISTMAS Wish List?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: What's Going On ~ Your RORY CHRISTMAS Wish List?

Postby SUBY1974 » 23 Dec 2013, 17:44

I got my Rory book poster and Cynthia he did read Strangers On A Train by Patricia Highsmith. Its on the bookshelf. I am reading it right and now and will discuss at a later date.Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby JimLED » 23 Dec 2013, 18:41

Today I had received the Christmas package from USA. Rory Gallagher's pickguard with Kent Armstrong handwired pickups.
It's looks great. Next weekend I will try to connect them all to my Stratocaster. I'm happy! :D

Some people at the streets thought that is a pizza box :D

Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby RobertaSparrow » 27 Dec 2013, 16:23

My Rory poster arrived on Christmas Eve. I love it! I was pleasantly surprised to find that Rory's Strat is life-sized (I held my daughter's candy-apple red strat up next to it to be sure :D ) and you can see every well-worn detail on it as well as on the books. The guitar itself looks as worn as any working instrument could possibly be and still be operational :shock: . I toyed with the idea of hanging the poster at floor level, with the woodgrain of the floor in my living room lined up with the wood grain on the floor in the poster, for a trompe l'oeil effect, but I already picked out a nice spot on the wall for it. 8-)

Yeah, Suby, I figured the novel Strangers On A Train would be a very safe bet to start on Rory's book list, it was one of Patricia Highsmith's most famous novels, and she was one of Rory's favorite authors. You'll find the novel much darker and more intense than the film by the same name. The book compares to the film about the same as the Stephen King novel The Shining compares to the film of the same name.

So now I have a booklist to start off the New Year :mrgreen:

Merry 3rd day of Christmas everyone! Happy New Year!

;) RobertaSparrow 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby photofinish » 28 Dec 2013, 17:14

And i got my Rory Gallagher hoodie...thanks Dee
photofinish

Postby SUBY1974 » 29 Dec 2013, 22:49

RobertaSparrow wrote:My Rory poster arrived on Christmas Eve. I love it! I was pleasantly surprised to find that Rory's Strat is life-sized (I held my daughter's candy-apple red strat up next to it to be sure :D ) and you can see every well-worn detail on it as well as on the books. The guitar itself looks as worn as any working instrument could possibly be and still be operational :shock: . I toyed with the idea of hanging the poster at floor level, with the woodgrain of the floor in my living room lined up with the wood grain on the floor in the poster, for a trompe l'oeil effect, but I already picked out a nice spot on the wall for it. 8-)

Yeah, Suby, I figured the novel Strangers On A Train would be a very safe bet to start on Rory's book list, it was one of Patricia Highsmith's most famous novels, and she was one of Rory's favorite authors. You'll find the novel much darker and more intense than the film by the same name. The book compares to the film about the same as the Stephen King novel The Shining compares to the film of the same name.

So now I have a booklist to start off the New Year :mrgreen:

Merry 3rd day of Christmas everyone! Happy New Year!

;) RobertaSparrow 8-)

I am so gripped by Strangers In Train. I will see the film. Seriously Rory had very, very good book taste. Its like he has introduced me to a whole new genre of reading. To see his guitar ( the love of his life) so close up with so much detail is amazing. I treasure my acoustic guitar and I have it for 8 yrs. I took guitar lessons in 2005, two years before I discovered Rory. Anyway the poster is lovely and clear and some of titles will be added to my Kindle. I just want to concentrate on Patricia Highsmith first and will next read about The Talented My Ripley and its sequels. I am also reading Anya Seyton Green Darkness and the supernatural content of the book is giving me goosebumps. I love Anya Seyton since I was 16. Her book Avalon inspired me to visit Glastonbury town this year in the UK. Part of the novel is set there. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby Sinner Girl » 29 Dec 2013, 23:57

I got 2 gits for this CHRISTMAS from great people and my friends ( Rory's fans)

And again second gift from great Rory fan too , vintage magazines
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Tibbierocks » 30 Dec 2013, 17:02

I got Ghost Blues on DVD and treated myself to live at montreux, which should be winging its way to me shortly.
Tibbierocks

Postby Madrid74 » 09 Jan 2014, 00:08

Got my Notes from San Francisco the day before 6th January, The Holy Kings, just in time to celebrate the festivity .

collagereye1s.jpg

At Spain that morning we drink chocolate and eat an special cake "Roscón de Reyes" for breakfast :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Madrid74

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome