RORY GALLAGHER'S Autograph

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: RORY GALLAGHER'S Autograph

Postby Jay Jay » 08 Dec 2013, 15:39

JimLED wrote:How about Rory's guitar belt? Who made it for him?
You might see there Rory name on it. Leather?

Rory's Signature Top Priority.jpg

Don't know with that guitar strap Jim? .. but I see on ebay some company is selling, a copy strap of the one Rory is wearing on the Photo Finish album.

It's funny nearly a year ago now. When I realized I could not afford to buy one of Rory's guitars that were up for sale. I asked Daniel if I could buy one of Rory's straps, if there were any going, for my strat. He did not say there were any for sale. Daniel & Tom sent me the Rory slide I now treasure instead :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 08 Dec 2013, 22:56

Nice Christmas present Jay Jay! :D As I love Tudor history I love Elizabeth the First signature. Incredible artistic she was and she would sign off with the Tudor Rose. I saw her signature went I visited Hatfield House, Hertfordshire where she grew up. Subrata.x Probably have to zoom in to see it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SUBY1974

Postby JimLED » 10 Dec 2013, 13:23

from Ebay.
What would you say about sign?
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Jay Jay » 10 Dec 2013, 16:27

JimLED wrote:Image

from Ebay.
What would you say about sign?

It looks authentic enough Jim. Looking at my signed copy of Jinx Album earlier on this merged topic. Note that Rory signed this the same. With Rory above Gallagher. Which he didn't do all that often. In same place also on album too. Looks like it was signed late 80's or 90's? As Rory signed it in felt tip pen, not ball point pen like mine, which was signed in early 80's :)

Can you send me a link to ebay via a PM, as I can't find it on there.
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 10 Dec 2013, 18:59

Jay Jay wrote:
JimLED wrote:How about Rory's guitar belt? Who made it for him?
You might see there Rory name on it. Leather?

Rory's Signature Top Priority.jpg

Don't know with that guitar strap Jim? .. but I see on ebay some company is selling, a copy strap of the one Rory is wearing on the Photo Finish album.

It's funny nearly a year ago now. When I realized I could not afford to buy one of Rory's guitars that were up for sale. I asked Daniel if I could buy one of Rory's straps, if there were any going, for my strat. He did not say there were any for sale. Daniel & Tom sent me the Rory slide I now treasure instead :D

Some fans are lucky enough to have been give Rory guitar picks by the man himself (sorry, in America they have always been picks, not plectrums), some have his autograph, some fans have even been able to buy one of his guitars or amps. Like I said, I'd be happy with a used, rusted, broken string, as long as it was really Rory's.

Buying something like that from Ebay though- sounds way too risky. :D

P.S. Saw that poster for sale on the main page, the one with Rory's Strat leaning against the bookcase full of crime/espionage/mystery books. Is that really of Rory's book collection? or just a staged assortment of books that someone guesses he might have read? 'Cause if it's real, I'd like to get one, I'd love to see the titles, compare it with how many I have read, and use it as a book list for future reads. If you know?
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 12 Dec 2013, 22:26

Anyone buying anything of Rorys on ebay etc cannot be 100 percent sure if is genuine unless one saw Rory sign their album for them. Its a risk you take. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby Mandyl » 12 Dec 2013, 22:35

"Saw that poster for sale on the main page, the one with Rory's Strat leaning against the bookcase full of crime/espionage/mystery books. Is that really of Rory's book collection? or just a staged assortment of books that someone guesses he might have read? 'Cause if it's real, I'd like to get one, I'd love to see the titles, compare it with how many I have read, and use it as a book list for future reads"

I wondered that too? Would love to know as I would like the poster, even though I have nowhere to put it.

As an aside I have just found out how to access You Tube through my TV - I'm home alone for the evening and having a great time watching Rory! :)
Mandyl

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Dec 2013, 02:59

Mandyl wrote:"Saw that poster for sale on the main page, the one with Rory's Strat leaning against the bookcase full of crime/espionage/mystery books. Is that really of Rory's book collection? or just a staged assortment of books that someone guesses he might have read? 'Cause if it's real, I'd like to get one, I'd love to see the titles, compare it with how many I have read, and use it as a book list for future reads"

I wondered that too? Would love to know as I would like the poster, even though I have nowhere to put it.

As an aside I have just found out how to access You Tube through my TV - I'm home alone for the evening and having a great time watching Rory! :)

Yeah, I discovered that, too! My Bluray player can access youtube- I just key in Rory Gallagher, or Taste, or if I want to hear his interviews, and let it go- on nights when I can't sleep I can have all-night Rory concerts playing on the TV automatically! :D
RobertaSparrow

Postby Madrid74 » 14 Dec 2013, 12:34

Tachán Confirmed that the poster books are Rory's crime collection,

"We took a photo recently of all his crime books with his Strat lying in front of them, which made the center spread of the vinyl release, and it looks beautiful,” said his nephew. “He had hundreds of crime novels, and he really loved the genre. So the idea that there’s a book written by a fantastic crime author that’s using his lyrics and his themes to get the story across, I think he would have got a huge kick out of it.”

extract from http://www.examiner.com/article/rory-gallagher-s-kickback-city-a-compilation-done-right

Have a nice saturday
Madrid74

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Dec 2013, 20:52

:) Thank you, Madrid74, I was hoping that was the reality. 8-)
RobertaSparrow

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome