RORY GALLAGHER'S Autograph

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

BEWARE of Forgeries of RG signed stuff

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Oct 2010, 17:31

Hi all Rory fans,

Especially those tempted by these so called signed albums, photo's, etc etc on ebay.
BEWARE! before you purchase for these high prices's of around £250. They could possibly be forged RG signatures?

There's 3 items on ebay.uk at this moment in time. You look carefully at the difference between the R's, on the Top Priority album and the other 2 items?
Looking at I know is geniune RG signature on one of my albums and also on homepage of course. They are so different?
It is possible all 3 could be as they state geniune but ..

Just be careful of the authenicity of them ..Be sure before you part with these large sums of money you are 100% sure it is Rory's ;)
Jay Jay

Re: BEWARE of Forgeries of RG signed stuff

Postby roryfan » 14 Oct 2010, 03:52

This reminds me of a story quite a few years back. Perry ( of our Canadian friends, Joyce & Perry) spotted an old AC30 amp that was supposedly once owned by Rory. Perry was pretty excited, but cautious. He had a friend who had contact with someone who knew Donal. Donal said it wasn't Rory's...he had a spare for parts, but that amp was in storage. That would have been a costly mistake!
john g
roryfan

Postby folkdeejay » 21 Dec 2010, 20:31

Thats a hard call.

I am lucky enough to have a lot of signed Rory Lp's - all done in one go, whilst I was there.....and they vary a fair bit.

I would be interested to know if Rory tended to sign sleeves in the same place - by which I mean on the same LP sleeves - he signed my Live in Europe on his arm - the "lightest" area, and it seemed to me he had a place for each sleeve design.....which may help spot dodgy copies
folkdeejay

Postby JimLED » 22 Dec 2010, 01:39

Once I saw rorystrat replica on ebay. It has called "First Rory Stratocaster. Original 1961". And it was about a 250 000 punds.
But this lot was no longer available. :)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby JimLED » 25 Dec 2010, 02:38

Rory Gallagher "Jinx" Mercury (US) 1981. LP front cover is Autographed; obtained from a local blues and hard rock collector when he liquidated his LP collection about 15 years ago. Signature is consistent with RG autographs we've obtained from the guitar player in the past, and on the tour to support this LP when he opened a number of dates for Rush (he told me in an interview they were returning a favor he granted them when he offered them opening slots across North America during his "against The Grain" tour in 1975). Signature is clear and in marker. Record and cover are in NM- condition with some slight wear, esp. edge wear at the open end of the cover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rory-Gallagher-Jinx ... 588bbd1565
Nice, but who knows...I'd like to buy... but..

Or this... original 35 mm slide.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rory-Gallagher-Orig ... 5641aa9bb6

But where is Rory? :))
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby photofinish » 25 Dec 2010, 13:28

JimLED wrote:
Rory Gallagher "Jinx" Mercury (US) 1981. LP front cover is Autographed; obtained from a local blues and hard rock collector when he liquidated his LP collection about 15 years ago. Signature is consistent with RG autographs we've obtained from the guitar player in the past, and on the tour to support this LP when he opened a number of dates for Rush (he told me in an interview they were returning a favor he granted them when he offered them opening slots across North America during his "against The Grain" tour in 1975). Signature is clear and in marker. Record and cover are in NM- condition with some slight wear, esp. edge wear at the open end of the cover.

Definitley a Rory autograph,in fact i have all my albums signed by Rory,including 2 copies of "Jinx",one of which i gave to Jay Jay.....
which i know is in his Rory room..... :) :) :)
photofinish

Postby rory » 29 Dec 2010, 19:09

Caution is the name of the game
rory

Postby Sid_Sidow » 05 Jan 2011, 02:55

Easy to compare with signature on RoryGallagher.com

I saw one on E-BAY and reported it to them as bogus.
We need to all watch out for each other!
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby folkdeejay » 05 Jan 2011, 15:05

JimLED wrote:

But where is Rory? :))

The Jinx sleeve autograph is HUGE - was Rory in the habit of signing LP sleeves in such a large text ??

Mine are all about 3 inches long, maximum.

As mentioned earlier - I suspect ROry had a specific place he signed sleeves - many artists do - which would maybe help potential buyers. Perhpas we could post images of our own as guides ??
folkdeejay

Postby Jay Jay » 05 Jan 2011, 16:26

folkdeejay wrote:The Jinx sleeve autograph is HUGE - was Rory in the habit of signing LP sleeves in such a large text ??

Mine are all about 3 inches long, maximum.

As mentioned earlier - I suspect ROry had a specific place he signed sleeves - many artists do - which would maybe help potential buyers. Perhpas we could post images of our own as guides ??

Here you go Folkdeejay.

This is my Jinx signed Rory album. Sorry it is not great quality, due to taken with cellphone and the reflection of the glass it is framed in. But you can see how much smaller Rory's signature is compared to the other. IMO Jinx hoax!
Looks like where you say 3 inches long, is a good guide ;)

Jay Jay

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome