Rory, Boston 1976

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory, Boston 1976

Postby RobertaSparrow » 21 Nov 2013, 08:22

Okay, I looked all over the forum (well, I tried, but the database is huge, and I mighta missed it) and I did not see this one posted- Came across it on YouTube- it's audio, and as usual it's Rory doing what he always did- his music, his way, and like every other version of his music, he doesn't play any of it quite the same way as he did before or after.

There were, and are, those artists that- you go see them, they do their "hits" or whatever, what they're known for, and they pretty much play them the way they always have, with a little room for improvisation (after all, it's a live show). But with Rory, he'd change up anything, at any time, and toss in little tidbits of other tunes and snippets here and there- never did anything the same way twice.

So maybe this has been posted here before, but I don't think so. It's another one of those bootlegs which are pretty good, except for a few people in the audience who don't know when to shut up and listen. There are a couple of people close by that I wish Moe Howard had been sitting behind, so he could smack their heads together and tell them, "Pipe down, you guys, you're ruining it," they're the same types these days that don't turn off their cell phones. . . . But I digress.

RobertaSparrow

Re: Rory, Boston 1976

Postby Tokeiihto » 21 Nov 2013, 11:32

RobertaSparrow wrote:Okay, I looked all over the forum (well, I tried, but the database is huge, and I mighta missed it) and I did not see this one posted [...]

The original post is in the "INTO THE RORY GIG TIME MACHINE" thread (the one we threatened to derail with our nerdy Star Trek chatter). ;)

I found it quickly because I remembered mentioning Dan Lampinski (who recorded the show) the last time - and his name only appears once when you type it into the search bar. :mrgreen:
"From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn plays wasted words, proves to warn that he not busy being born is busy dying." (B. Dylan)
Tokeiihto

Re: Rory, Boston 1976

Postby RobertaSparrow » 21 Nov 2013, 19:01

Tokeiihto wrote:The original post is in the "INTO THE RORY GIG TIME MACHINE" thread (the one we threatened to derail with our nerdy Star Trek chatter). ;)

I found it quickly because I remembered mentioning Dan Lampinski (who recorded the show) the last time - and his name only appears once when you type it into the search bar. :mrgreen:

:shock: :oops: Well, that would explain why it looked so familiar! :lol: And I thought of that one thread, you mentioned the bootlegger's name, but I only remembered Dan What's-his-name and the chatterboxes near the mic.

some day someone ought to go through and reorganize or index everything on the site- not change the original, but maybe mirror and archive the topics more by subject matter, there are a lot of wonderful anecdotes and stories about Rory and the whirlwind that surrounded him, fan stories, and the like that it would be a shame to lose. And as you noted in that post- they do go off on tangents, but that's how conversations evolve, and maybe it makes for a less-than-tidy forum, but sometimes it's more about the journey.

Post Script-
Okay, I checked out the thread, and wouldn't you know it, was me who posted the link in the first place :oops: . But the good news, for the moment, is this link still works (fingers crossed) and that one has been zapped. 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome