Rory- Remember My Name

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory- Remember My Name

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Nov 2013, 15:53

I found this- I'd heard it before. No, it isn't Rory's song really, but he plays on it. I recognize him by his guitar.

I couldn't find a lyric sheet for it on the web- Energy Orchard doesn't have much on the net. And it's obviously not Rory singing, but the lyrics could have been written for him- it almost sounds like it was written about him. Almost tells the story of his short life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlA4HWUmz8o

nope, the link won't play from here- gotta jump to YouTube

These cold dark winter nights would be a lot darker without hearing Rory's guitar. Doesn't take much effort to be able to drift away from these damp, dark days. If I close my eyes, I can float away with his sweet guitar, to some place brighter and warmer.

Rory I hope to see you play again some day. No, not on tape.
RobertaSparrow

Re: Rory- Remember My Name

Postby Tina » 15 Nov 2013, 20:26

:D Thanks for posting it! This song is great!
Tina

Re: Rory- Remember My Name

Postby Jay Jay » 15 Nov 2013, 22:04

RobertaSparrow wrote:I found this- I'd heard it before. No, it isn't Rory's song really, but he plays on it. I recognize him by his guitar.

I couldn't find a lyric sheet for it on the web- Energy Orchard doesn't have much on the net. And it's obviously not Rory singing, but the lyrics could have been written for him- it almost sounds like it was written about him. Almost tells the story of his short life.

Yes, I've had the cd / album Painkiller by Energy Orchard, of which this lovely song is on for years. I put about the band & song here on this topic in Feb 2011.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1140&p=8591&hilit=Energy+Orchard#p8591

http://www.rateyourmusic.com/release/al ... in_killer/
Jay Jay

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome