Wonderful Interview with Daniel about Rory

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Wonderful Interview with Daniel about Rory

Postby RobertaSparrow » 07 Nov 2013, 03:52

Here's a really interesting interview (a podcast I think?) done "Recorded on 11/4/2013 Maverick Soul Hour w/ Daniel Gallagher (Rory Gallagher Nephew) & Arnie Goodman"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4l-vwPkNk4#t=914

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4l-vwPkNk4#t=914[/youtube]

Thanks to Jim, AKA Monty, for letting me know about this- I'd have never been aware of this otherwise- :D

(if the link will work anyway)
Well, unfortunately the first part is mostly noise and a commercial, then the link will play for around 25 minutes. I can't get it to stream after that time, but hopefully it's just the limitations of my computer, and everyone else will be able to see it :?
RobertaSparrow

Re: Wonderful Interview with Daniel about Rory

Postby RobertaSparrow » 07 Nov 2013, 15:35

I have not been able to see the entire interview from that link, but it may just be the limitations of my PC- but here's another link- apologies for the commercials, but what can you do? I can't really change anything-

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/40484023

if the first doesn't work, perhaps that one will? :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Nov 2013, 18:18

RobertaSparrow wrote:I have not been able to see the entire interview from that link, but it may just be the limitations of my PC- but here's another link- apologies for the commercials, but what can you do? I can't really change anything-

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/40484023
if the first doesn't work, perhaps that one will? :mrgreen:

Excellent!!!
Does anyone in the States know much more about this Madhouse programme. What sort of an audience does it get??

Daniel is really cool hey :) ..
I can't understand why he used to be so reluctant do do interviews like this about Rory..
Although I can see a little of that shy gentle Irishness, that you could see in Rory also offstage :)
Let's hope he does more like this in future.

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Nov 2013, 18:56

Daniel even gave this forum a little mention :D
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 07 Nov 2013, 20:11

Jay Jay wrote:Excellent!!!
Does anyone in the States know much more about this Madhouse programme. What sort of an audience does it get??

Daniel is really cool hey :) ..
I can't understand why he used to be so reluctant do do interviews like this about Rory..
Although I can see a little of that shy gentle Irishness, that you could see in Rory also offstage :)
Let's hope he does more like this in future.

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

---------
I had never seen that particular show before- It appears to be either a webcast or maybe a local New York cablecast. The two older guys are definitely East Coast- NY or Jersey. Daniel was almost too polite- that East Coast sort can be very aggressive, but he held his own ;)
RobertaSparrow

Postby anniewithaj » 09 Nov 2013, 17:09

Nice treat to go with morning coffee! The editing on the montage is amazing! Couldn't get the YouTube link to work but the ustream link works just fine.
anniewithaj

Postby RobertaSparrow » 09 Nov 2013, 18:06

Hi Annie,

Yeah, the person who showed me the YouTube link didn't have a problem with it, but I couldn't get it to play more than a few minutes. That other link doesn't seem to be affected by all the restrictions that YouTube has. Same with Vimeo.

The first part, after the loud noise that is their intro is done, after one endures that, then it gets good- the montage of Rory, and when those two let Daniel get a word in it's pretty interesting. It just seems to drag a bit when the two older guys try to instruct Daniel about "the good old days."
RobertaSparrow

Postby anniewithaj » 10 Nov 2013, 15:11

I don't think the "old guys" were purposely disrespecting Daniel. They seemed to be true fans and maybe a little over enthusiastic about relating their personal experiences. Wouldn't we be if given the opportunity to speak with a Gallagher? Daniel is probably used to hearing such exchanges with "old" fans who are a little star stuck over Rory.

But seriously, who did that montage? I had to watch it again and I marveled at how seamlessly it fit together.

I loved hearing Daniel talk about his uncle coming for Sunday roast with the family and having guitar lessons from his uncle. I know how protective they are about Rory's privacy, but I think we would all love to hear more stories like that.
anniewithaj

Postby SUBY1974 » 11 Nov 2013, 22:06

Need to see this video properly again. I do feel the presenters do not give Daniel the chance to talk. They are over enthusiastic and I was thinking "Please give the poor lad a chance to talk". I can see Daniel looks a little like Rory and is polite and calm like his Uncle. It is lovely to hear stories of Rory buying presents for his nephews and niece. It was lovely to hear Rory buy Daniel his first guitar and help him learn to play. Its obvious Rory loved kids and I feel he would have made a good father and he obviously was a devoted Uncle, brother, son and devoted to his family. Its lovely too what Daniel said about his father. After Rory passed, Donal could have moved on with his life but instead he now looks after his brothers legacy and Daniel and everyone else is helping in that. It pretty good that FB and you tube have taken Rory's music to a whole new generation of fans. I will comment more on this interview later. Thanks for sharing otherwise I would never have known it existed. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome