ROCK HALL

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

ROCK HALL

Postby SUBY1974 » 19 Oct 2013, 23:14

My blood is boiling at a 1000 centrigade after reading this!! Its a disgrace. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: http://www.straight.com/blogra/505306/r ... -gallagher
SUBY1974

Re: ROCK HALL

Postby RobertaSparrow » 20 Oct 2013, 07:27

I've said it before- If all the artists who have influence with the R&RHoF would stand up for what they know is right, and speak out for Rory and his music, acknowledge his influence and all he did to blaze the trail for other musicians to follow, if they'd make even the least effort, as Slash has done, then Rory would be given his place there, as he has already earned it!
RobertaSparrow

Postby leprechaun1 » 20 Oct 2013, 13:35

like the article said, it's not the rock n' roll hall of fame anymore. so maybe that's why Rory hasn't been inducted. he's real rock n' roll and sence they apparently have changed and started inducting people who are not rock it seems Rory has no business there. besides, he has all of us.
leprechaun1

Postby keltic wolf » 20 Oct 2013, 16:14

SUBY1974 wrote:My blood is boiling at a 1000 centrigade after reading this!! Its a disgrace. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: http://www.straight.com/blogra/505306/r ... -gallagher

lol :lol: easy tiger would Rory really have cared ....the way I see these hall of fame things is its just a corporate circus.....te hell with them we all still love Rory and all other musicains that ordinary shmucks havnt heard of
Here I am...where are you?
keltic wolf

Postby RobertaSparrow » 20 Oct 2013, 16:23

keltic wolf wrote:
SUBY1974 wrote:My blood is boiling at a 1000 centrigade after reading this!! Its a disgrace. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: http://www.straight.com/blogra/505306/r ... -gallagher

lol :lol: easy tiger would Rory really have cared ....the way I see these hall of fame things is its just a corporate circus.....te hell with them we all still love Rory and all other musicains that ordinary shmucks havnt heard of

:lol: Point taken- Rory probably wouldn't care- but he always cared about his fans, and what they thought, and I think he's happier to be remembered by the people who love him, those he worked so hard for. Still, as that guy from Ghost Blues said, people who haven't heard of Rory and his music are missing out ;)
RobertaSparrow

Postby capo » 20 Oct 2013, 16:41

Rory will never be inducted into the farce called Jann Wenner's Hall Of Fame. So be it. Rory is'nt their kind of cat for a number of reasons. We all know how he wouldnt play the game, he played by his own rules, truly he was "The Last Of The Independents". Sure in hindsight, as Donal believes, it cost Rory radio airplay in the states where he never broke big. However you look at it, I think Rory died at peace with at least his artistic vision and integrity. He does'nt need phony quotes by Hendrix endorseing his greatness and he sure as hell does'nt need the official stamp of approval by the corporate keeper of the flame RnRHOF. My god, they put Madonna in and are currently debating if KISS should be in! Rory is too damn good to be lumped with these sell outs. And he never will be. Get used to it people, and lets continue to do our small part in spreading the gospel of Rory Gallagher to all we can. Ok, rant is over. Peace.
capo

Postby SUBY1974 » 22 Oct 2013, 22:21

I agree. Who needs Rock Hall when Rory has us. We are his warriors at his side to fight for him and his music to last for eternity! We are Rory's warriors! Yeah he has us! Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 23 Oct 2013, 10:01

SUBY1974 wrote:I agree. Who needs Rock Hall when Rory has us. We are his warriors at his side to fight for him and his music to last for eternity! We are Rory's warriors! Yeah he has us! Subrata.x

------
Yeah, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has raised it's ugly little pointed head here before. I went searching for a post in an earlier thread-
------
from May 7, 2013, thread " . . . Hard Rock Cafe . . ."

quote from asdesas,

the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I've said it a zillion times: It's the Rock and Roll Hall of FAME, not the Rock and Roll Hall of the Deserving. Institutions don't typically recognize people who were famous in their time for shunning institutions. And Rory didn't have the kind of "fame" that qualifies for the RRHoF.

I guess what I mean by all the above is that Rory Gallagher is a world in himself, and not everybody knows how to "get" that. We do, we see his genius as an artist, performer and person, and that's why we tear our hair out. Probably just as much now as we did back in the Day.

--------
I gotta agree with Richard there-

Yes- who needs them, the RRHofF- Rory deserves much better than recognition from those hypocrites.
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome