RORY GALLAGHER Top of The Charts / Poll 41 Years ago

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

RORY GALLAGHER Top of The Charts / Poll 41 Years ago

Postby Jay Jay » 30 Sep 2013, 17:36

This was the day 41 years ago. Least we forget. That Rory was voted the best guitarist of them all :)
Rory's grave stone replicates the award he was presented by Melody Maker.

Melody Maker Poll.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER Top of The Charts / Poll 41 Years ago

Postby Flamenca » 30 Sep 2013, 19:21

I'm sure Rory's win was announced (possibly informally) way before the end of September per the date on that image. The reason I say that is because of the celebratory gala concert at Liverpool Stadium on 14th June 1972 with Nazareth and Roxy Music supporting. I remember that gig very clearly. It pains me deeply to think that at the time, no-one had any idea of what would follow exactly 23 years later ... Here's a picture from that gala concert to celebrate Rory's win ...

rory-stadium 1972.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flamenca

Re: RORY GALLAGHER Top of The Charts / Poll 41 Years ago

Postby RobertaSparrow » 30 Sep 2013, 20:13

That's when Rory was on top of the world. That's how I remember him, and IMO it's the way he wants to be remembered. It never occurred to me, to any of us, that Rory would go through so much later in life. But it doesn't take much for me to see that young, vibrant artist even within the older man on the stage all those years later. The beauty in his spirit, his soul, was still there and very easy to see. That's how I will always remember him. :D
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome