Long Haired Genius & Good Guys?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Long Haired Genius & Good Guys?

Postby Jay Jay » 19 Sep 2013, 21:02

Flamenca wrote:Please can we exclude Morrison from this list of 'good guys'?
This is not a list of talented artists, which would be a different list ..

Who said he was a good guy??
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 19 Sep 2013, 21:14

Well, Rory was a long haired genius and a good guy- I thought that was the measure.

I can think of a bunch of long haired villian types, real and fictional- Charles Manson, Lucius Malfoy, Randall Flagg, Bluebeard. And lots of guys with long hair and who are jerks besides.

Generally warrior types I don't see as particularly good guys. I don't see violence, generally speaking, as a good thing. Having said that, a lot of books, movies, folklore, and songs would be really dull without the possibility or mention of violence.

Anyway, as I said before, it was what was in Rory's heart and soul that made him a genius and good guy. Not the (admittedly gorgeous) hair on his head. ;)

Cynthia/AKA RobertaSparrow/AKA SamanthaD@rko :lol:
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 19 Sep 2013, 22:47

The main focus of this topic was " Long Haired Genius's " not long haired maniacs

Rory is an exception in my eyes and ears to have been a good guy too :)

One out of two ain't bad either.. as lots of other great long haired musicians were genius's.. and I believe also better your glass half full than half empty :)

I can't for one minute image Rory without his long hair either throughout his career. There is NO WAY he would have been so photogenic with short hair?
Look at his very first iconic album cover TASTE!!!! It's all about the hair, you can hardly see his face :)
He would not be Soo ROCKIN' without the flowing locks either. Look what happened to Rainbow when they appointed what's his name as their frontman?

Rory Check this One.jpg

ROCK ON FOR RORY

PS. What is Rory's most disliked album cover by most of his fans that is. Then ask yourself what is missing from that cover??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 19 Sep 2013, 23:37

Jay Jay wrote:The main focus of this topic was " Long Haired Genius's " not long haired maniacs

Rory is an exception in my eyes and ears to have been a good guy too :)

One out of two ain't bad either.. as lots of other great long haired musicians were genius's.. and I believe also better your glass half full than half empty :)

I can't for one minute image Rory without his long hair either throughout his career. There is NO WAY he would have been so photogenic with short hair?
Look at his very first iconic album cover TASTE!!!! It's all about the hair, you can hardly see his face :)
He would not be Soo ROCKIN' without the flowing locks either. Look what happened to Rainbow when they appointed what's his name as their frontman?

Rory Check this One.jpg

ROCK ON FOR RORY

PS. What is Rory's most disliked album cover by most of his fans that is. Then ask yourself what is missing from that cover??

Long haired genius maniacs might be an interesting topic. Or perhaps long-haired geniuses who play guitar like maniacs? :lol:

P.S. I HATE that cover. No offense to Donal. But it looks like a death mask. That is not how I want to remember him. I reversed the booklet on that one so I can see Rory as he was when he was alive, and how his soul appears still ;)
RobertaSparrow

Postby loulamb » 20 Sep 2013, 11:45

I agree Jay Jay I like the shorter Irish tour hair but prefer Rory's long hair.

I cant work out what colour Rorys hair was sometimes Rorys hair looked a reddish colour and sometimes very dark brown, someone had written somewhere that Rory had red hair but I think that is just the stage lights.

P.S. I HATE that cover. No offense to Donal. But it looks like a death mask. That is not how I want to remember him. I reversed the booklet on that one so I can see Rory as he was when he was alive, and how his soul appears still ;)

I prefer to look at the black and white picture inside where Rory has the slide on his hand.
loulamb

Postby Sid_Sidow » 28 Sep 2013, 16:02

Does it count that I had long hair?
Because now I'm loosing a lot of it!!!!!!
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome