New to Rory's music. Where do I go next??

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

New to Rory's music. Where do I go next??

Postby DixieKen » 11 Sep 2013, 04:32

Hi folks,

I have just recently been turned on to Rory Gallagher's AWESOME guitar music at the age of 42(yes..I know, I should be ashamed..and am, lol) by hearing a snippet of "Philby" from Top Priority and immediately tracked the album down and bought it. I've just about worn it out already and its only 2wks old!!!

So, as a new fan...where should I go next?? What are the must hear/must have records by Rory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Btw, "Philby" has become kinda my "new" theme song, lol!!! 8-) :twisted:

Everyone take care!!!

And thanks fer havin' me.
DixieKen

Re: New to Rory's music. Where do I go next??

Postby Jay Jay » 11 Sep 2013, 17:04

DixieKen wrote:Hi folks,

I have just recently been turned on to Rory Gallagher's AWESOME guitar music at the age of 42(yes..I know, I should be ashamed..and am, lol) by hearing a snippet of "Philby" from Top Priority and immediately tracked the album down and bought it. I've just about worn it out already and its only 2wks old!!!
So, as a new fan...where should I go next?? What are the must hear/must have records by Rory?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Btw, "Philby" has become kinda my "new" theme song, lol!!! 8-) :twisted:

Everyone take care!!!

And thanks fer havin' me.

Hi DixieKen, a very warm welcome to Roryland.

You've got a lot of RG catching up to do. Of which you are definitely going to have great pleasure, listening to the great mans music.
Difficult choice a fav album. Or must have album. You got to get them ALL. They are ALL MUST HAVE & GREAT :)
So click here on this forum link below. To what the RORY FANS have voted for to give you and idea where to go next ;)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1563

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby DixieKen » 14 Sep 2013, 00:53

Thanks Jay Jay. I checked out the fan list and decided on his First, Jinx, and Calling Card. Listening to "Rory Gallagher" now and the man was/is AMAZING!!!! Great playing like that NEVER DIES!!!!

Thanks fer the tip.

Ya'll take care.
DixieKen

Postby vasdis » 14 Sep 2013, 11:05

You could always check out the 4 cd live box set-- The BBC Sessions,although i have always thought Meeting With The G Men to be a bit week for Rory
and i never really knew that version of the band.
vasdis

Return to Introduction & Welcome for New Members