Why Did Rory Have To Die So Young?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Why Did Rory Have To Die So Young?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 04 Aug 2013, 17:18

I was thinking on this all night for some reason. I came to the realization last year that Rory wants to be remembered for his artistic and musical gifts, and for the extraordinary person that he was, and the almost psychic way he interacted and connected with his audience, his fans. I don't think he wants to be mourned, I don't think he wants any more tears shed for him.

He died of liver failure. He died after the transplant. Yeah, he liked to drink, and yeah, he was seeing different doctors, they prescribed crap to him and who knows what was in it. One of the drugs he was taking was prescription strength paracetamol. known as acetaminophen (Tylenol) here in North America. He isn't the only one to die that way, he isn't the only one to have suffered liver damage that way. But I know this because I experienced its effects myself. And now even the FDA (a governmental agency chock full of health care executives, and a very reluctant champion of consumer health) mentions it.

Perhaps it was not the sole cause, but I bet it was the significant factor in condemning him to the slow, painful death that he ultimately suffered. Perhaps it could have been prevented if he had known these things-

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX9-0oyHfXI[/youtube]

Think about these things before you reach for an over-the-counter cold or flu pill, or a tab of paracetamol.

P.S. Rory was said to have been suffering from the flu before Donal convinced him to go to the hospital. The first symptoms of acute acetaminophen/paracetamol poisoning appear as early symptoms of the flu.
RobertaSparrow

Re: Why Did Rory Have To Die So Young?

Postby The Cuckoo » 04 Aug 2013, 23:00

As far as I know and what the official reason for his death were was MRSA - a problem that in many hospitals exists. And because they had brought
his immune-system down to cope the liver-transplant with his immune-system, he caught after the transplation a MRSA-virus. No antibiotics helped against this virus, it is often that you get resistant against those medicaments and than they didn`t help. As I`m not a md or whatever - the problem in many hospitals are a hygenic problem in case that they have to save money - but that is the wrong way. There are many deaths in case of MRSA. And,in my opinion Donal Gallagher should accuse the private doctors Rory had visited for his death on prescripton. I have made the experience that you have to get more than one's doctors advice if you have a problem with your healthy. Don't trust only one doctor...
I can tell you: One of my worst experience was that the medicals in the children`s hosptial where my son was born (1994) have not realised that
my son had a serious brain blooding after his birth. If we hadn't contacted other hospitals - he hadn`t survived. After this nightmare I always ask more than one doctor if there's a healthy problem.
The Cuckoo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 05 Aug 2013, 05:28

The Cuckoo wrote:As far as I know and what the official reason for his death were was MRSA - a problem that in many hospitals exists. And because they had brought
his immune-system down to cope the liver-transplant with his immune-system, he caught after the transplation a MRSA-virus. No antibiotics helped against this virus, it is often that you get resistant against those medicaments and than they didn`t help. As I`m not a md or whatever - the problem in many hospitals are a hygenic problem in case that they have to save money - but that is the wrong way. There are many deaths in case of MRSA. And,in my opinion Donal Gallagher should accuse the private doctors Rory had visited for his death on prescripton. I have made the experience that you have to get more than one's doctors advice if you have a problem with your healthy. Don't trust only one doctor...
I can tell you: One of my worst experience was that the medicals in the children`s hosptial where my son was born (1994) have not realised that
my son had a serious brain blooding after his birth. If we hadn't contacted other hospitals - he hadn`t survived. After this nightmare I always ask more than one doctor if there's a healthy problem.

MRSA= http://www.cdc.gov/mrsa/symptoms/index.html

I took a course on MRSA- it is group of particularly nasty mutated bacterium- what it does to the organs within the body when it attacks is so graphic that there were warnings before you saw the photos. It can bring a young, healthy person to death's door if not treated in time, and at the time Rory had it they really had no treatment for it. Plus, what few antibiotics they do have that would fight it would have poisoned his new liver. Once that infection set in I think the doctors knew how it would end.

Last time I was in the local hospital here they had large poster-size signs in each room with a photo of a doctor or other health care professional, and the caption read, "It's okay to ask me if I washed my hands." MRSA is that prevalent and that dangerous.

As far as first-hand experiences of fatal and near fatal adventures with doctors and hospitals, I could write a book. And I don't know how it is over there, but over here you have a better chance of being abducted by space aliens than you have of successfully prosecuting or getting any kind of justice for medical mistakes.

But the reason I posted those things on paracetamol/acetaminophen is that it is extremely toxic to the liver in even small overdose, or within theraputic dose levels if combined with certain other drugs or alcohol. And, ironically enough, if a person is taking milk-thistle as a natural curative for liver illness, paracetamol/acetaminophen becomes even more dangerous for the liver.

Rory was too young to die the way he did- as I have said before, I know guys that were falling-down drunk from the time they could lie about their age to buy beer, and who are still staggering around now in their seventies.

Essentially, I posted what I did because it occurred to me how tragic it would be if any of us who interact with this site did not know about this, and suffered a similar fate. It's a cautionary note-
RobertaSparrow

Postby The Cuckoo » 05 Aug 2013, 21:19

A warning against abuse paracetamol is necessary because you don't need a receipt from a doctor to get paracetamol. You can buy without inform
a doctor and this is what it makes so dangerous. Not many persons read the warnings on the paper inside the packets. What I do not understand is why such a dangerous medicine you can buy without a doctor's receipt.

You wrote about medical mistakes: In the country where I live (Germany) you have to evidence that the doctors/nurses etc. have make a medical mistake. That`s the problem why I have lost the law case after I have accused the hospital for medical malpractice in the treatment of my son (at that time he was only 4 weeks old).
The Cuckoo

Postby innuendo » 08 Aug 2013, 17:28

i think it's common knowledge that pills and drugs in general are maybe good for something but bad for something completely different in your body.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby SUBY1974 » 16 Aug 2013, 20:18

Depression is a subject close to my heart. Subrata. X. http://www.depression-self-help-info.co ... ssion.html
SUBY1974

Postby Annie Elliott » 14 Jan 2014, 01:06

I hate to see anyone suffer, but I know Rory is RIP: rocking in peace. Thanks to all the nurses who cared for him.
Annie Elliott

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome