Radio Concert Reels Rediscovered 1976

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Radio Concert Reels Rediscovered 1976

Postby johne99 » 03 Jun 2013, 21:09

Hello to you all, saw Rory many times including Taste, but I have a Favour to ask.
While working in local Radio I had the good furtune to Record him live for Broadcast at Leicester De Monfort in 76....wow what a night
When my job was made redundant in 1992, at my request i was given all the concert Reels
(otherwise they would have skipped the lot)
So I now have a master edited tx reel and part 2/3 reels of original recording which cover all the other tracks/tuning/audiance etc
Total over 90 mins, and they have never been out of my site since then.
The managment/record company where always gived a copy for approval/edits before tranmission
I would like to offer them to the Brother/Nephew of Rory, if they already have the copy I will wipe the tapes,
but do not have any way of contacting them, hence me joining this site.

Can some one point me in the right direction, or do they read these forums ?

Regards to all
John Moon
My E is john@realsound.fsnet.co.uk
johne99

Re: Radio Concert Reels Rediscovered 1976

Postby johne99 » 10 Jun 2013, 14:38

Wow, amazed no one has been in touch about this. If no contacts/help are made by end of June, they will be auctioned off via Omega Auctions UK in Sept.
John
johne99

Postby RobertaSparrow » 10 Jun 2013, 16:21

Hello John Moon,

Could you post them to YouTube for the fans to hear? That is what I would do if I was fortunate enough to have such a prize. Copy them to a format to preserve them, then share them with Rory's fans and the rest of the world as a way to preserve and honor his legacy? Rather than wipe the tapes or sell them to the highest bidder. :? Just a suggestion, and that's what I would do in your place :)

RobertaSparrow
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 11 Jun 2013, 18:50

johne99 wrote:Hello to you all, saw Rory many times including Taste, but I have a Favour to ask.
While working in local Radio I had the good furtune to Record him live for Broadcast at Leicester De Monfort in 76....wow what a night
When my job was made redundant in 1992, at my request i was given all the concert Reels
(otherwise they would have skipped the lot)
So I now have a master edited tx reel and part 2/3 reels of original recording which cover all the other tracks/tuning/audiance etc
Total over 90 mins, and they have never been out of my site since then.
The managment/record company where always gived a copy for approval/edits before tranmission
I would like to offer them to the Brother/Nephew of Rory, if they already have the copy I will wipe the tapes,
but do not have any way of contacting them, hence me joining this site.

Can some one point me in the right direction, or do they read these forums ?

Regards to all
John Moon
My E is john@realsound.fsnet.co.uk

Hi John, a very warm welcome to Rory's Official forum.

Apologies for late reply / response, I'm usually quicker with these things as moderator here but somehow missed this post.
Thanks firstly for keeping these Rory treasures for so many years. I will notify Donal & Daniel Gallagher as soon as I finish this post.
Secondly, Please be patient and don't auction them off, until I give you a reply from the Gallagher family first.

Be back to you asap ;)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Return to Introduction & Welcome for New Members