RORY GALLAGHER ~ On Jukebox's

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Rory Gallagher On Jukebox's

Postby Jay Jay » 25 Feb 2011, 15:19

Going down my local pub for a couple of hours to promote Rory ..

Edged in Blue, Bad Penny, Tattoo'd Lady and What's Going On .. will be played on the Jukebox ;)
Jay Jay

Re: Rory Gallagher On Jukebox's

Postby Jay Jay » 29 Jul 2011, 13:30

Jay Jay wrote:Going down my local pub for a couple of hours to promote Rory ..

Edged in Blue, Bad Penny, Tattoo'd Lady and What's Going On .. will be played on the Jukebox ;)

Same Old Story with Double Vision :lol: :lol:
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ On Jukebox's

Postby Rosemarie » 29 Jul 2011, 16:46

I know precisely what Mac means, it makes you feel you aren't living on Mars when you hear Rory played in the 'outside' world. Ironically, I have this very day submitted a request to Johnnie Walker to play a track by Rory on his BBC Radio 2 show (Sounds of the 70's) on Sunday and will keep plugging away until the producers are either fed up of hearing from me or until they play Rory. Hopefully it will reach others who have yet to hear the man himself!
Rosemarie

Postby innuendo » 29 Jul 2011, 17:47

i wrote a few times to a guy who plays metal and hard rock music on the radio (mad dan) that rory is very neglected on his show (and i said to him that he has some great rocking songs) and he played one or two rory tracks on his show, don't know which they were, i would have to check that out
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby lonelymile » 29 Jul 2011, 20:41

Virtually no Jukeboxes where I live...might be fun, especially with a few choice Rory selections. Dreams...

but while we're on the topic of requests, here is a link to an incredible Montreal Blues Show on a radio station CHOM that I listen to when I can. You can see their tracklisting from last Sunday. Looks good, doesn't it? And check towards the bottom of the list for somebody very special. The first ever time I heard Rory on the radio was on this show.

I've done a request (for "Jinxed" ) which they did play, that was a few months ago. I really wish they had a podcast, I think right now the only way you can listen is live. (I'm not very good with tech stuff). http://www.facebook.com/notes/the-black-cat-alley/what-went-down-in-the-black-cat-alley-on-july-24/10150716669260123
lonelymile

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome