RORY GALLAGHER ~ On Jukebox's

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

RORY GALLAGHER ~ On Jukebox's

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Mar 2010, 12:55

I always go to my local pub wearing one of my 30 Rory Gallagher T shirts on most Friday afternoons. Most people ask me in there, who Rory is. One or two of the musically knowledgeable have heard of him. I obviously preach the gospel according to Rory to them..

About 2 or 3 months ago, I was pleased to find out that the Jukebox in The Brittania Pub had got 2 of Rory's songs on it :)
Now Rory's Music does the talking for me ;)
I've heard from the others who frequent this pub. That there's another pub not far away, that has the same 2 songs on their Jukebox.

"Bad Penny" and "Bought & Sold" are the 2 Tracks ...

Any Jukebox's where you go with Rory Gallagher songs / album tracks on?

Rock on for Rory
Last edited by Jay Jay on 13 Mar 2010, 17:20, edited 4 times in total.
Jay Jay

Re: Rory Gallagher On Jukebox's

Postby JimLED » 13 Mar 2010, 15:36

Jukebox mustbe hacked by Rory fan and a tons of Rory music uploaded! :)

Unfortunately, only two Irish pubs here... but the music environment inside the pub...can't explain..
At Rory's day I went down to one of Irish pub and grabbed myself a pint of Merphis stout black one, then I stuck my headphones on my head and turned me off from others..

Jim
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Mar 2010, 15:45

No No No Jimled, THEY ARE OFFICIAL ...

Like I said it's not just one pubs jukebox ... There must be lots all over the UK :)

"Bad Penny" taken from the Etched In Blue compilation album and ...
"Bought & Sold" taken from the Against The Grain Rory Gallagher album ...
It has the pictures on the Jukebox of the 2 albums :)

Rockin' on for Rory, JJ.

Ps. The KGB will have you taken away Jim, if you try that surely :mrgreen:
Jay Jay

Postby top priority » 13 Mar 2010, 22:44

Jay Jay Joy wrote:I always go to my local pub wearing one of my 30 Rory Gallagher T shirts on most Friday afternoons. Most people ask me in there, who Rory is. One or two of the musically knowledgeable have heard of him. I obviously preach the gospel according to Rory to them..

About 2 or 3 months ago, I was pleased to find out that the Jukebox in The Brittania Pub had got 2 of Rory's songs on it :)
Now Rory's Music does the talking for me ;)
I've heard from the others who frequent this pub. That there's another pub not far away, that has the same 2 songs on their Jukebox.

"Bad Penny" and "Bought & Sold" are the 2 Tracks ...

Any Jukebox's where you go with Rory Gallagher songs / album tracks on?

Rock on for Rory

Many years ago,(1985),my local where i played football,had "Philby" on it,mainly cos i had a spare copy of it,spent many a night duck walking to that song,and to
" Hellcat"on the other side... :D
Just recently,Coopers Bar on Edinburgh station,has "Whats Going On"and "Edged in Blue",and the pub next door to where we lived last year had"Bought and Sold",
and at recent Quo gig in Halifax,the pub had "Wayward Child" on,so it got me in the mood to rock... :)
So Rory is still out there in the pubs and bars... :D
top priority

Postby mac » 14 Mar 2010, 00:55

Yeah what is that..........that cuases us to get so excited if we come across a Rory track on a jukebox or one comes on the radio in a taxi...I mean we have all the records at home and can play them as loud as we like anytime, but that feeling you get, its like meeting a good friend youve not seen in a long time it always brings a smile to your face and you ask the taxi man 'turn that one up will ya'.
I was in a hardware store a while ago goin about my buisness when I heard a phone ring from the far side of the room,it was a young fella behind the counter and he went of to talk in private,but the ring tone was 'loanshark blues'.I would have loved to get chatin to him but I had to go...........I supose its so rare to hear Rory in public theese days.
mac

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Mar 2010, 00:25

Hi Mac,

Yeah, should have included Rory Ringtones to this topic ...

Mine is WAYWARD CHILD at the minute ...

ROCKIN' RORY ;)
Jay Jay

Postby mac » 16 Mar 2010, 00:56

Hi JJ
Im not that into songs as ringtones,Id be afraid it would turn me off my fav. tune......but loanshark blues did sound cool.
Cheers Mac
mac

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Mar 2010, 01:47

No way Mac,

Mrs J had MOONCHILD on her ringtone which I kept hearing and it sounded great & cool...
So I had it but on my mobile/cellphone previous to Wayward Child :)

Btw, These ringtones on my phone are actually Rory Gallagher himself, not some uncool karaoke copies.

Rock on for Rory ;)
Last edited by Jay Jay on 16 Mar 2010, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Jay

Postby jimmcc » 16 Mar 2010, 02:47

my ringtone is tattood lady
jimmcc

Postby jimmcc » 16 Mar 2010, 15:32

ive just set my text messages to who's that comin'
jimmcc

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome