Long Over Due Greetings From Arizona

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Long Over Due Greetings From Arizona

Postby capo » 23 Feb 2013, 22:32

Hello fellow Rory friends. Been a member for awhile but have been shy about posting. Here goes. I was introduced to Rory one night in '82 on a late night cable show here in america called Nightflight. It aired his Montreux '79 perfomance. When He started the opening riff to Last Of The Independents I was hooked and have never looked back. I had the honor and privilige of seeing him live and up close at a night club in Tempe, Arizona on May 21, 1985. Of all the 70 plus concerts i have been to, none effected me like this one. I actually had a out of body experience during his solo in Off The Handle. I just went someplace for a few minutes, and no it was'nt the alcohol! A bunch of us were standing pressed against the front of the stage and I remember he crouched down right in front of me and played the first few chords of shadowplay right in my face. After all these years i wish i could remember more, memories fade, but i remember that distinctly. The only dissapointment that night is when he leaned down to shake some hands, and alas, I wasn't one of the lucky few. To sum up, no artist, and He was a true artist in every sense of the word, has given me so much joy and comfort, in good times and bad. I dont know what I would have done all these years without him. But I think I'm preaching to the choir here. Im so happy to have a place to come to, here, to be among friends.
capo

Re: Long Over Due Greetings From Arizona

Postby Jay Jay » 23 Feb 2013, 22:41

capo wrote:To sum up, no artist, and He was a true artist in every sense of the word, has given me so much joy and comfort, in good times and bad. I dont know what I would have done all these years without him. But I think I'm preaching to the choir here. Im so happy to have a place to come to, here, to be among friends.

Hi Capo and a very warm welcome to Rory's Forum..

Your lovely words about the great man say it all. Just as I saw Rory close to the stage all those years ago. I did not quite get an out of body experience. Although I was lucky enough to get close enough to shake Rory's hand 3 times :)
We will look forward to more of your posts like this great first one. Now you have took the plunge at last ;)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby JimLED » 24 Feb 2013, 01:54

Welcome to Loose Talk, Capo!

Thank you for sharing your memories with us. Incredible story! These stories touching much better than some fantastic stories we're getting sometimes here. Thank you very much!

Jim
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby biker » 04 Mar 2013, 02:52

Hey Capo, welcome from Cork...I been in Arizona a few times biking along route 66, nice town there called Flagstaff, some cool bars and great music and some of the nicest people I ever partied with.
the speed of light is 186,260 miles a second...................how fast is dark ?
biker

Return to Introduction & Welcome for New Members