A Rory Newbie Needs To Know...?

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

A Rory Newbie Needs To Know...?

Postby Franderosa » 28 Jan 2013, 20:59

In 1975, I purchased a brand new copy of Polydor (PD 6510) "Rory Gallagher - Sinner...and Saint". It appears to be a compilation album of both "Rory Gallagher" and "Deuce" recordings. There are great front and back jacket pictures of Rory and Strat. Band members - Rory, Gerry McAvoy & Wilgar Campbell are listed. I have searched high and low for a singular discography mention of this particular album, to no avail. I find that a little odd. Does anyone, other than myself possess this "mystery album", or knows anything about it? Thank you.
Franderosa

Re: A Rory Newbie Needs To Know...?

Postby smudge » 31 Jan 2013, 02:49

Welcome aboard; now I'm no longer the new boy in the class here!

I googled Rory's name and your albums catalogue number and got a couple of hits and a couple of pictures; if you do this and check out the discogs.com link, it lists it as a compilation with different catalogue numbers in various countries (yours appears to be the US issue). Whether it had the same cover photos in all those different releases is not clear.

Hope this may be some small help.
smudge

Re: A Rory Newbie Needs To Know...?

Postby Franderosa » 31 Jan 2013, 23:54

Excellent Smudge...I will do just that. Thanks!
Franderosa

Return to Introduction & Welcome for New Members