My Rory Deuce shirt causes quite a stir at Hot Tuna show

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

My Rory Deuce shirt causes quite a stir at Hot Tuna show

Postby Chris OK » 12 Jan 2013, 18:40

My girlfriend and I went to see Hot Tuna this past December in NYC's Beacon Theater. I made sure to wear my Deuce shirt thinking someone would notice Rory, as I am a believer on passing on this great mans music....
So no less then 10 people stop us, many to give their own Rory show memories, oldest being Rory at the Brooklyn Academy of Music in 72 I think it was. We had so much fun with everyones thoughts on Rory.

Please Donal and Daniel. Can you release Rory tour shirts like Photofinish and Callin Card. I will be wearing them everywhere form the local pub, to concerts and drag race tracks all over, spreading the faith.
I wore my Tattoo shirt out and now enjoy wearing it working on my cars and racing.

Thank you, Chris O'Keefe.
Chris OK

Re: My Rory Deuce shirt causes quite a stir at Hot Tuna show

Postby Leedelta » 13 Jan 2013, 02:28

Good story.

I was wearing a Rory tshirt here in Melbourne and bumped into a guy on the street with a Thin Lizzy tshirt!!
Leedelta

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Jan 2013, 05:42

I always wondered if Yorma and Rory had ever met, maybe while he was living in San Francisco. Would have been interesting to see the two of them together, maybe on acoustic doing blues.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Sinner Girl » 13 Jan 2013, 12:50

Great story,thanks for sharing :D
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Jan 2013, 21:01

I wore Rory's t shirts to the Ealing Blues Festival last year and people there were just so pleased to see the T Shirt and it brought back memories for them. I hope that seeing my Rory T Shirt will make folk look at Rory's music again and then pass it on. I certainly will be wearing a different Rory T Shirt at Ealing Blues Festival this year!! :D
SUBY1974

Postby Chris OK » 16 Jan 2013, 16:07

It definitely gets people talking and thinking about Rory. I wear my shirts when they have the most impact, and when I'm home alone, cranking up the tunes, lol.
Jorma and Rory, by the looks of Jormas equipment, all vintage, would have a lot to talk about and jam, I'd bet.....
Chris OK

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome