remaster,remaster,remaster...........................

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

remaster,remaster,remaster...........................

Postby jedcop » 21 Dec 2012, 20:33

i know this is going to cause alot of possible argument but here goes...........i do think that the remastering of rorys cds has been overdone,i don"t know if rory can hear me but i think even he would"ve agreed with me that one remastering is enough.lets have some more RARE STUFF from the vaults of man y studios that rory recorded in,i once said that a box set (like bruce springteens) from 1971-1995 would be a good idea,each cd would cover maybe two years each plus a booklet covering the history of the forementioned cds.....donal if you can hear me ..............it could be ready for 2015!,i like to know what others think......best wishes to all for christmas...jedcop
jedcop

Re: remaster,remaster,remaster...........................

Postby RobertaSparrow » 22 Dec 2012, 01:47

I will likely buy the remastered discs mostly for the previously unreleased material. And I'm still hoping for an update on the IOW DVD that has been rumored for a while, before the world ends.
RobertaSparrow

Postby innuendo » 23 Dec 2012, 22:32

does anybody know was iow festival recorded on film? i mean on 35 mm tape. cos if it was then we could have blue ray with amazing picture. did any artist from that year released his iow appearance on blue ray?
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby JimLED » 24 Dec 2012, 00:56

innuendo wrote:does anybody know was iow festival recorded on film? i mean on 35 mm tape. cos if it was then we could have blue ray with amazing picture. did any artist from that year released his iow appearance on blue ray?

from wiki

"The 1970 festival was filmed by a 35mm film crew under the direction of future Academy Award-winning director Murray Lerner who at that point had just directed the Academy Award-nominated documentary Festival of the Newport Folk Festival."
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby innuendo » 26 Dec 2012, 21:06

JimLED wrote:
innuendo wrote:does anybody know was iow festival recorded on film? i mean on 35 mm tape. cos if it was then we could have blue ray with amazing picture. did any artist from that year released his iow appearance on blue ray?

from wiki

"The 1970 festival was filmed by a 35mm film crew under the direction of future Academy Award-winning director Murray Lerner who at that point had just directed the Academy Award-nominated documentary Festival of the Newport Folk Festival."

thanks jim. i was too lazy to check that myself. well that is certainly great and now i wish to own it in hd quality, dvd just won't do :D
innuendo

Postby JimLED » 26 Dec 2012, 22:00

innuendo wrote:well that is certainly great and now i wish to own it in hd quality, dvd just won't do :D

definitely right, kruno.. but the main question still open: "how many santas we should ask to get this under christmas tree..." ;)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby RobertaSparrow » 27 Dec 2012, 05:51

JimLED wrote:
innuendo wrote:well that is certainly great and now i wish to own it in hd quality, dvd just won't do :D

definitely right, kruno.. but the main question still open: "how many santas we should ask to get this under christmas tree..." ;)

And I for one would like it for this year's tree
RobertaSparrow

Postby innuendo » 28 Dec 2012, 20:16

RobertaSparrow wrote:
JimLED wrote:

And I for one would like it for this year's tree

roberta and jim i hope we will get it before next chrismas.
innuendo

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome