Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).

Postby Robert Ellison » 19 Dec 2012, 00:56

Hello everyone. I am new to this site but I have been listening to Rory since 1974. I play bass guitar and my brother plays guitar and we are fans of his music. Some of my favorites are Too Much Alcohol, A Million Miles Away, Cradle Rock, Bullfrog Blues, Walk On Hot Coals and Laundromat. We are in the process of learning Rory's versions of Too Much Alcohol, as my brother has a National Steel and specializes in slide guitar playing in the open tunings. I have written down the lyrics to about 5 different versions of Rory performing Too Much Alcohol. All of the versions have different lyrics and arrangements. How should I go about posting these lyrics? Thanks from Florida, USA.
Robert Ellison

Re: New member

Postby JimLED » 19 Dec 2012, 01:02

Welcome OnBoards, Robert!
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.

Postby Jay Jay » 19 Dec 2012, 11:38

Hi Robert, a very warm welcome to Rory's forum.

When I first read your post I thought bass guitarist and guitarist and me as a drummer. We might be able to get together? Then I read your last living in Florida.. Not a million miles away from the UK. Just a little to far to bring my drum kit to have a jam with you's :P

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Robert Ellison » 20 Dec 2012, 02:04

Thanks for the warm welcome Jim and Jay Jay. I'd love to jam with a Rory Gallagher fan!!! I have been playing rock and blues for 35 years, but have only met a few others who know anything about Rory or his music here in the USA. He was one of the top slide guitarist to ever live and he had so much knowledge of the roots of the music. One of a kind, that's for sure.
Robert Ellison

Postby roryfan » 20 Dec 2012, 02:31

welcome aboard!
john g

Return to Introduction & Welcome for New Members