Well Hi there from Cork

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).

Well Hi there from Cork

Postby the_dude » 17 Dec 2012, 02:23

Hi everyone,
I looked through this site a few months ago,tis fantastic.I remember when I was a young fella in the car with me 'ol man passing by The Lough when a Rory song came on the radio.My father was a painter & he said he painted a guitar for Rory once.It was the wrong shade to what Rory wanted but he said it was ok,it was meant to be.From that moment I've had a lot of respect & interest in Rory.
I visited his grave earlier (Sunday) & said a prayer.Its great to see that he was & still is loved so much.
The Dude.

Re: Well Hi there from Cork

Postby Jay Jay » 18 Dec 2012, 21:23

Hi Dude, a very warm welcome to Rory's Forum
Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

PS. Your Dad wasn't the one who painted the Rory white / cream Telecaster green was he?
Jay Jay

Postby the_dude » 20 Dec 2012, 16:58

Hi Jay Jay,I dont think so.He must have told me over 35 years ago & he passed away since.From my memory the colour orange or brown comes to mind.I could ask an uncle of mine who was buddies with Rory but I'd say he might not know or remember.His health is not so good these days.Will let ya know when I catch up with him.
Adios & Happy Christmas to everyone here,
the dude (Jim).

Postby innuendo » 23 Dec 2012, 22:34

welcome on the boards.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal

Return to Introduction & Welcome for New Members