Hello Donal

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Hello Donal

Postby Winston » 16 Dec 2012, 06:26

Assuming that he reads this forum from time to time, I would like to say hello to Donal. You probably don't remember me at all and that's OK. It really does not matter. I did a short tour through Western Canada with Rory and yourself, Gerry, Lou and Rod in 1975. My bands name at that time was Pegasus and I was the lead guitar player/singer/songwriter. My band was a trio. Bass, drums and guitar. You and I and Rory got on famously to say the least.

Anyway, just a quick shout. I have always treasured our short time together. I have played with many really great musicians over the years but none struck me quite the same as Rory did.

All the best,

Brian
Winston

Re: Hello Donal

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Dec 2012, 12:17

Winston wrote: I have always treasured our short time together. I have played with many really great musicians over the years but none struck me quite the same as Rory did.

All the best,

Brian

Hi Brian and a very warm welcome to Rory's forum

I'm sure Donal would remember you and your band. Just in case he misses this. I'll sent a note to him, pointing out your wonderful post here.

Seasons Greetings
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: Hello Donal

Postby Winston » 16 Dec 2012, 19:33

Thanks for the warm welcome JJ. It would be grand if Donal remembers, but let's not tax his memory too hard. I do have a fuzzy picture of Rory and I together and a few fuzzy shots of the venues that we played. I also have a few newspaper clippings. They may invoke some memories I suppose.

I trust he is in good health. I was very sad to see Lou had passed. He was a great man. I hope he and Rory are back together in heaven making glorious music together.

Sláinte,

Brian
Winston

Return to Introduction & Welcome for New Members