A new member - Rory fan from Bangkok

Rory Fans ~ All new members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

A new member - Rory fan from Bangkok

Postby LittleMissBlues » 05 Oct 2012, 23:50

Hi,

My name is Ryn(pronounced as Rin).....and I am a recovering Roryaholic....Problem is that I keep relapsing. All kidding aside, I am a 26 years old woman who obsessed with Blues rock, football, cosmetics and Oscar Wilde, and I live in Bangkok, Thailand...Bangkok born and bred but lived in other part of the world for sometimes. (any Rory fan from Bangkok in this forum?)

After lurking around this forum for quite sometimes, I finally decided to join. Well, let me tell you about myself.

I have been a lover of British rock/Blues rock for a while (I have to thank my parents for their great taste of music), and I have been to many concerts that I've grown to love e.g. Eric Clapton, Santana.. I never grow tried of the blues, I had found myself about a year ago feeling that i had heard it all. not literally but, in the riff and vocal power areas and the such.
In late 2005, I went to a guitar shop with my boyfriend to get a (what my boyfriend claimed) special tribute guitar made in honour of his guitar hero "Rory Gallagher". Although I had occasionally seen the name "Rory Gallagher" from time to time in the numerous guitar mags or in CD section, I knew really little about him. So I asked boyfriend to play one of Rory songs from CD and "Bullfrog Blues" was on, I was hooked to the very first line of guitar playing....I was like "Holy Cow, this man could literally get his guitar talks"! At that moment, Gallagher had entered my world and he has been in my heart since.
This is going to be a bit dramatic but let me tell you more about my story. 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with a mental illness, I had mental breakdown many times and had hard times coping with it. I was suggested to find something new to do, to get myself occupied..I literally had no idea but then Rory, Clapton and oddly-enough Kurt Cobain came to mind, I started learning guitar and the first guitar I laid my hands on was that Rory Strat (I have yet to learn how to play Rory song at the moment).

I have to say that apart from adding sunshine to my music life , Rory (along with Clapton and Cobain) have inspired me to learn guitar and certainly (one of factors that) help me cope with major depression. I love what I do, I have never thought I would play guitar religiously.

Thank you Rory Gallagher for making such amazing music. Your music is certainly more than music to me. Oh I would also like to thanks you guys for contributing a lot of knowledges about Rory, music and guitars here, as I said I have been lurking around for sometimes and I have learned a lot!

Ps. My love of music also goes to the Who, George Harrison, SRV and Joe Bonamassa.
Ryn
LittleMissBlues

Re: A new member - Rory fan from Bangkok

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Oct 2012, 00:16

LittleMissBlues wrote:I have to say that apart from adding sunshine to my music life , Rory (along with Clapton and Cobain) have inspired me to learn guitar and certainly (one of factors that) help me cope with major depression. I love what I do, I have never thought I would play guitar religiously.

Thank you Rory Gallagher for making such amazing music. Your music is certainly more than music to me. Oh I would also like to thanks you guys for contributing a lot of knowledges about Rory, music and guitars here, as I said I have been lurking around for sometimes and I have learned a lot!

Ps. My love of music also goes to the Who, George Harrison, SRV and Joe Bonamassa.
Ryn

Hi Ryn and a very warm welcome to Rory's forum..

I too have suffered server depression in my life .. Rory Gallagher's music has always helped bring back the sunshine into my life too :)

Rock on for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby LittleMissBlues » 06 Oct 2012, 02:26

Thanks for the warm welcome Jay Jay :)
Rory Music is such an amazing medicine, aye?
I just realised that you and I are 'friends' on Facebook.
(At least I think we are - If you are happened to use Jay ........Rory's Joy name).
Anyway, hello from Bangkok. Really glad that I finally signed up!
LittleMissBlues

Postby Evergladesgirl » 06 Oct 2012, 13:19

Hi Ryn!
A very warmth welcome to the Rory forum!
We are all here Roryalcoholc but hopefully we will never recover lol!
I'm very pleased that you joined the forum ! So you're keen of music especially blues and Oscar Wilde(you like the period of Aestheticism so?) , Rory seems to be a model for you, he helps you to be happy , face life, I don't express myself very well, but I hope we will be good friends and that you could talk me about your passion of music and litterarture and who you are.
Rory Fever Forever!
Elise
Evergladesgirl

Postby LittleMissBlues » 07 Oct 2012, 08:35

Thanks Jay Jay and Elise for the warm welcome.
I literally am glad that I finally I have a place to share my admiration of Rory to Rory fans. :)
Hope you have a great weekend :)
Ryn
LittleMissBlues

Postby innuendo » 09 Oct 2012, 21:31

welcome ON THE BOARDS ryn. your introduction post has got to be one of the best i have ever read on this forum.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Sinner Girl » 10 Oct 2012, 00:02

Welcome ON " Loose Talk " LittleMissBlues :)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Return to Introduction & Welcome for New Members