Rory Gallagher concert Birmingham Town Hall.

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory Gallagher concert Birmingham Town Hall.

Postby vasdis » 25 Sep 2012, 18:19

Have very fond memories of Rory at Birmingham Town Hall in the mid-70's,we had tickets to see Rory at this once popular venue and were really looking forward
to the gig.Unfortunatey on the night we were covered by a thick blanket of fog and the 35 mile journey took us a lifetime.When we got to our seat looking down
at the stage there was no equipment set up, all there was ,was a single guitar on a stand ,acoustic i think .An announcement came on that the band had been
involved in an accident on the M1 motorway,(very fortunately no one had been injured) and that the band would be unable to make the gig ,but that Rory ,in his
true showmanlike fashion would give us a solo acoustic set and they found a set of drums and a piano,which 2 members of the audience came on stage and played.
Rory proceeded to give us a fantastic set and we all sang along with him and clapped .After the gig we were told to watch the local Birmingham Evening Mail as
the band would do another gig FOC,2 weeks later we enjoyed another full eletric set at the same venue,another fantastic night,
vasdis

Re: Rory Gallagher concert Birmingham Town Hall.

Postby Jay Jay » 25 Sep 2012, 20:21

vasdis wrote:Have very fond memories of Rory at Birmingham Town Hall in the mid-70's,we had tickets to see Rory at this once popular venue and were really looking forward
to the gig.Unfortunatey on the night we were covered by a thick blanket of fog and the 35 mile journey took us a lifetime.When we got to our seat looking down
at the stage there was no equipment set up, all there was ,was a single guitar on a stand ,acoustic i think .An announcement came on that the band had been
involved in an accident on the M1 motorway,(very fortunately no one had been injured) and that the band would be unable to make the gig ,but that Rory ,in his
true showmanlike fashion would give us a solo acoustic set and they found a set of drums and a piano,which 2 members of the audience came on stage and played.
Rory proceeded to give us a fantastic set and we all sang along with him and clapped .After the gig we were told to watch the local Birmingham Evening Mail as
the band would do another gig FOC,2 weeks later we enjoyed another full eletric set at the same venue,another fantastic night,

Yes Vasdis, was at this most memorable Rory gig .. I've spoken about this many times on these boards ..
Saying also what performing artist would do a free gig like that these days ????

Rory Tickets (2).jpg

Ticket stub for this gig here

Here's one of my previous posts on "This Day in Rory History"
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=925&p=6945&hilit=Rory+plays+solo+gig#p6945
Here three posts down a better account / review of that foggy night viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1685&p=13457&hilit=Birmingham+Town+Hall#p13457
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby vasdis » 25 Sep 2012, 22:14

Jay Jay wrote:
vasdis wrote:Have very fond memories of Rory at Birmingham Town Hall in the mid-70's,we had tickets to see Rory at this once popular venue and were really looking forward

Yes Vasdis, was at this most memorable Rory gig .. I've spoken about this many times on these boards ..
Saying also what performing artist would do a free gig like that these days ????

Rory Tickets (2).jpg

Ticket stub for this gig here

Here's one of my previous posts on "This Day in Rory History"
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=925&p=6945&hilit=Rory+plays+solo+gig#p6945
Here three posts down a better account / review of that foggy night viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1685&p=13457&hilit=Birmingham+Town+Hall#p13457

Looks like i have a lot of catching up to do !I suppose though it does show ihave a real interest in RG,even if my memory is a bit poor these days !
vasdis

Postby Jay Jay » 25 Sep 2012, 22:24

vasdis wrote:Looks like i have a lot of catching up to do !I suppose though it does show ihave a real interest in RG,even if my memory is a bit poor these days !

I think you misunderstood me Vasdis,
I meant that the second link I put up, was a better account / review of the gig than the first link I put up, not better than yours..

Your memory is as good as mine if not probably better after 37 years.
Jay Jay

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome