Name A Flower After Rory To Honour Him?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Name A Flower After Rory To Honour Him?

Postby RoryRocksOn » 18 Oct 2014, 10:45

Do people ask you about it? A way of spreading the Holy Gospel!
RoryRocksOn

Postby RoryRocksOn » 18 Oct 2014, 11:08

How bout this one?

Blue-eyed-grass

Flowering time: June - August. Perennial. Native or possibly introduced.

Small blue flowers with yellow centres. Open only in full sun. Drooping fruiting stems.

Wet meadows, lake shores, marshy ground. W Ireland, Cork, Kerry, Galway, Donegal. A North American species, probably native in Ireland. A protected species in Northern Ireland.

Sorry, can't seem to put an image. Here is the link that I was looking at:

http://www.irishwildflowers.ie/pages/344a.html
RoryRocksOn

Postby RoryRocksOn » 18 Oct 2014, 11:10

Will also look into roses (blue, of course!).
RoryRocksOn

Postby Annie Elliott » 18 Oct 2014, 20:55

They could rename Irish Lady's-tresses to Irish Rory's-tresses.

http://www.arkive.org/irish-ladys-tress ... nzoffiana/
Annie Elliott

Postby SUBY1974 » 18 Oct 2014, 22:30

I started this thread because I love flowers and at present I am interested in their therapeutic properties. I like Bach Flower remedies. I get the love of gardening from my folks and I remember my earliest memories was of going to Kew Gardens London in 1977. Since my spiritual awakening I appreciate nature and flowers and fauna in general. My FB page has loads of flower pictures in it and I just appreciate the sheer beauty of them. I take a lot of photoes of flowers and lavender is my favourite. I gave a purple flower to Rory in Ballincollig in June 2014. I did once work for a company that grew flowers when I was 24. It was amazing. Flowers have beauty, texture and help plants reproduce. They provide food for bees, butterflies and insects. Gosh I could go on. Do go to Amsterdam as the tuilip bulb fields are beautiful beyond words. I feel Rory's flower could be an Irish Blue Rose. Finally flowers are special to me because of my Nan. She loved roses and named me Juimala which meas "Jasmine". My mother is called Sandhya which means "evening" and Jasmine flowers bloom in the evening and smell delicious. I have perfumed scented jasmine candles at home. My grandmother tied my name with mother's in a poetical way. I love her for that. Country houses in England have lovely flowers, hence why I visit them a lot. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 18 Oct 2014, 22:35

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eerikas_bi ... otostream/ This is an amazing article about the monkey orchid found in Peru. They look like monkey faces and are real. Subrata. Also it is worth visiting Mornaco and see how they make perfume from flowers. I found that very educational. I love daffodils because it is the birth flower of Pisceans. Rory was Piscean. X
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 18 Oct 2014, 22:43

Jay Jay wrote:
RoryRocksOn wrote:Only the shamrock!
Yes, an Irish wildflower would be ideal.

You got it RoryRocksOn :) ..
That's my choice too, as I got it tattoo'd on my arm for Rory :)

Rory Shamrock Tattoo.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

Love the tattoo Jay Jay. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Annie Elliott » 20 Oct 2014, 10:25

SUBY1974 wrote:I started this thread because I love flowers and at present I am interested in their therapeutic properties. I like Bach Flower remedies.

I like Bach Flower Remedies too, Suby, especially Rescue Remedy. Thanks for this post, it's very interesting and a great idea. I'm not sure they'd let us rename the shamrock, but it might actually work for another plant. What about a flower native to Ballyshannon or Cork areas? That would be very cool.
Annie Elliott

Postby RobertaSparrow » 20 Oct 2014, 11:51

Annie Elliott wrote:
SUBY1974 wrote:I started this thread because I love flowers and at present I am interested in their therapeutic properties. I like Bach Flower remedies.

I like Bach Flower Remedies too, Suby, especially Rescue Remedy. Thanks for this post, it's very interesting and a great idea. I'm not sure they'd let us rename the shamrock, but it might actually work for another plant. What about a flower native to Ballyshannon or Cork areas? That would be very cool.

It would need to be a flower that could thrive just about anywhere in the world. A natural flower, not artificially modified, with maybe traces of blue, edged in blue? But native to Ireland.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Annie Elliott » 20 Oct 2014, 23:23

Oh yes, that's very good. Let's all do some research on this. We might really be able to make it happen!
Annie Elliott

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome