Induct Rory into the Blues Hall of Fame?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Add Rory to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2013?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Nov 2012, 00:41

Jay Jay wrote:Can any of our Rory fans in the USA elaborate on this here from the Loop ..

Was watching a newscast from Cleveland and the camera panned by a display box
with a one of a kind strat in it.. that looked very familiar!Lo and behold it
was Rory's guitar in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!Looking at their website he
was nominated last year (for 2012).The nominee list was 50 people,cut to 12 and
then to 6.
He is mentioned numerous times in different articles with the "Ghost Blues" DVD
in the library archives. One reporter couldn't understand
why he was not in the Rock Hall! I think I might go visit it now that it has
real rock credibility..:) At long last!
Idlewild

I searched the web, didn't find a reference to it, but I found a link to Rolling Stone Magazine under an article titled Vote for the 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees" -Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20121004 I did not vote for any of those listed, but I did add the following comment in the space provided after the article: Why Why Why isn't Rory Gallagher listed as a nominee for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Can't he be added? Just include all the people who have already signed the petition to have him inducted- that should be more than enough to get him on the list- he already earned it!

The article goes on to say "from now [article dated October 4] until December 3rd, you can vote right here for the nominees you'd like to see inducted. Pick up to five acts – the top five vote-getters will comprise a "fan's ballot" that will count as one of the more than 600 ballots that determine the Class of 2013. The results will be announced in mid-December." The list doesn't include Rory, but perhaps if enough people post a request or demand in that same comment section, and suggest that he be included someone will notice and add him. It couldn't hurt.

I notice there seem to be a lot of Dan Fogelberg fans lobbying for him, and I know he died in 2007 at the age of 56, but Rory Gallagher should be considered first IMO. He has waited long enough. It would be really nice if everyone here could add a note for Rory maybe they can still add him.
RobertaSparrow

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome