I have dreamt of Rory

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Rory Dreams

Postby photofinish » 18 Aug 2011, 19:17

Something I was going to post a while back.
Dont know about other people but I keep having dreams about Rory still playing and being alive,its happened a lot recently.
It happened again last night, Rory was playing at the Marquee Club(where I was lucky enough to see him in 1983) ..
Although in my dream it was on the other side of Wardour Street !!!!.

I just remember thinking it was fantastic that Rory was back with us and playing again,its sureal really,but it keeps happening,all i know
is that in the dream Rory was on fantastic form, and I felt like I had been transported back in time but it actually felt real...and then
I woke up, I really wish I could have gone back to sleep and carry on the gig.
It was very comforting for me though.
Has anyone else had the same sort of dreams ?
photofinish

Re: Rory Dreams

Postby bullfrogger » 18 Aug 2011, 19:28

photofinish wrote:all i know is that in the dream Rory was on fantastic form,and i felt like i had been transported back in time,but it actually felt real...and then i woke up,i really wish i could have gone back to sleep and carry on the gig.

It was very comforting for me though,has anyone else had the same sort of dreams ?

Get out the Recorder and get us a copy of the Marquee 2011!!
bullfrogger

Postby photofinish » 18 Aug 2011, 19:34

bullfrogger wrote:
photofinish wrote:all i know is that in the dream Rory was on fantastic form,and i felt like i had been transported back in time,but it actually felt real...and then i woke up,i really wish i could have gone back to sleep and carry on the gig.

It was very comforting for me though,has anyone else had the same sort of dreams ?

Get out the Recorder and get us a copy of the Marquee 2011!!

I wish..... but it was amazing...... better get copy of 1983 out instead.... :lol:
photofinish

Postby Jay Jay » 18 Aug 2011, 19:44

photofinish wrote:I just remember thinking it was fantastic that Rory was back with us and playing again,its sureal really,but it keeps happening,all i know
is that in the dream Rory was on fantastic form, and I felt like I had been transported back in time but it actually felt real...and then
I woke up, I really wish I could have gone back to sleep and carry on the gig.
It was very comforting for me though.
Has anyone else had the same sort of dreams ?

Lovely dream Mark ..

I've said this before I don't ever dream of Rory. Although he's on my mind constantly but never in a dream..
The only conclusion I can come up with is that I saw him like yourself Mark many times..
But it all seems like fantasy world now when I look back .. thinking of those heavenly Rory gigs :)

I HAVE LIVED the Rory dreams in his live concerts..
It can't get any better than that :)
MEMRORY'S :D
Jay Jay

Postby asdesas » 18 Aug 2011, 19:49

I love this topic!

Here's my Rory dream, or at least the one i remember best--i had posted it before; here it is, copied--

Back in the late 90's I was going through a pretty nasty misadventure with cancer and I had a dream in which I met RG on a sidewalk in NYC and we went to a pub and had a beer. I don't remember what we talked about, if anything; in fact he seemed to be a warm and friendly but not very talkative presence. So it gets me to thinking--maybe there are others who have been "visited" by Rory since his passing. If there could be an afterlife, then it stands to reason he might be just as engaged with his fans (both departed and not) and his music as he was while here in the flesh. "The truth is out there"

Anyway, the most vivid impression was that he was a comforting presence.

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Location: Los Angeles by way of Fullerton CA (where Rory's Strat was born!)

Postby JimLED » 18 Aug 2011, 20:31

Thank you for sharing your Rory dream, Mark!

I had a couple dreams about Rory and one about The Doors. Possible I had seen other bands in my dreams, but can't recall it now.
To see Rory in your dream is so fantastic. When you waking up next morning you feel a lot of energy and power. You can move the world! :)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby innuendo » 18 Aug 2011, 22:19

i know i had some dream about rory and i wrote about it somewhere on this forum but i really can't recall it now
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby JimLED » 18 Aug 2011, 23:12

Only found that one about Rory dream
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=846
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby innuendo » 19 Aug 2011, 01:56

i probably wrote about it on some topic which is not related to dreams
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Simone67 » 19 Aug 2011, 14:16

this is a bit of a tough one to describe, as anything of this kind is, but I´ll give it a go anyhow...although I have never had a dream in which Rory appears visually,proper features or body that is, he still visited me in a dream a few nights ago for the very first time !
It was like a strong notion I felt,like he was" talking" to me,letting me know something, but- via his Mind. No spoken words !
I must have been going through some thoughts in my dream,based on the law of attraction,to which we are all subject.And that it became apparent to me,that I "drew" Rory into my life without ever having been aware of that fact..when simultaneous to these feelings or thoughts,or whatever it is,when we dream,I became very aware of a clear message,or better,notion that came directly from Rory ! He "transmitted" to me,that not only I drew him into my life, (by thinking of him, and listening to him,and talking to him in my heart ) but that he picked up on those signals, and drew me to him,also !!! Like a vice versa thing.
This is so very hard to put into words,and I know it must sound very weird,but that`s exactly what happened !
It was also clear that this was not just so in my particular case, but with ALL other Fans and folks who thought of him,.combined with a strong loving emotion.- And that yes,he DID know about all the Tributes and the fuss and going on`s, and how we miss him,and that he was/IS in fact there !!! All the time,connected with us,for as long as we want him there !

When this became apparent to me the following morning, I was embraced by a really warm,happy feeling.Like I say,so hard to describe,but VERY real,and just beautiful !
..I must admit,if there hadn`t been a topic put up on this,I`d never have mentioned this...
Simone67

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome