Happy Birthday ~ Donal Gallagher

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Happy Birthday ~ Donal Gallagher

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Aug 2012, 12:19

Happy Birthday, Donal

Thanks a million for your tireless dedication, hard work and quest through all the decades of your life for Rory.

All the very best, have a great day

Donal with Strat.jpg

Slainte Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: Happy Birthday ~ Donal Gallagher

Postby JimLED » 09 Aug 2012, 12:56

Congrats, Donal Gallagher!

Long life and strong healthiness! All the very best in this day!
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby RobertaSparrow » 09 Aug 2012, 21:52

Yes yes . . . Happy Birthday Donal- you should do something today for yourself, be selfish today and do something that you always wanted to do- something that you think Rory would want for you to do to celebrate!!!
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 09 Aug 2012, 22:31

Happy Birthday. Thank you and Daniel and others for keeping Rory's legacy alive. Have a good day. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby leprechaun1 » 09 Aug 2012, 23:22

Rory is lucky having you as a brother. your efforts for his legacy are wonderful. happy birthday, and many, many more. god bless.
leprechaun1

Postby Jay Jay » 10 Aug 2012, 12:17

leprechaun1 wrote:Rory is lucky having you as a brother. your efforts for his legacy are wonderful. happy birthday, and many, many more. god bless.

What a great post leprechaun
I was never so lucky to have a brother in life myself ..

To have a brother stick by you so well throughout your life, through thick and thin, must be a great help..
Recently we heard with the release of NFSF. How Rory put Donal on the spot in 1978 /79. When Donal had to explain and face up to all those record executives @ Chysalis Records. After Rory binned the album.
Not only that but Donal told me another instance and story when Rory played in concert beyond the iron curtain. Where Donal stood up for his brother and took on even the red army single handed. When they tried to stop Rory going back on stage to do an encore there for the fans..

Brothers in each others arms always :)
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 10 Aug 2012, 20:04

Jay Jay wrote:
leprechaun1 wrote:Rory is lucky having you as a brother. your efforts for his legacy are wonderful. happy birthday, and many, many more. god bless.

What a great post leprechaun
I was never so lucky to have a brother in life myself ..

To have a brother stick by you so well throughout your life, through thick and thin, must be a great help..
Recently we heard with the release of NFSF. How Rory put Donal on the spot in 1978 /79. When Donal had to explain and face up to all those record executives @ Chysalis Records. After Rory binned the album.
Not only that but Donal told me another instance and story when Rory played in concert beyond the iron curtain. Where Donal stood up for his brother and took on even the red army single handed. When they tried to stop Rory going back on stage to do an encore there for the fans..

Brothers in each others arms always :)

A beautiful sentiment. They were together their whole lives- that alone is a story worth telling.

And BTW, I only have one brother, and believe me, siblings aren't always, or often, that close. My brother would sell me down the river in a heartbeat if he had a good enough reason.

I found the record-trashing story amusing, the quote I heard was, after Rory had made his decision clear by dropping it in the trash so it shattered, that Donal went to the record company to be "spit roasted," and in anger said he'd like to break Rory's leg, then to return later to hear that Rory had been taken by ambulance to a hospital- with a broken thumb. In the video Donal still sounded a little guilty, but of course it was one of those unfortunate, odd coincidences that sometimes happen.

You can hear whenever he speaks of Rory, how much he loves and misses him. And in interviews with Rory, whenever he spoke of Donal you could hear how much he relied on Donal to keep his life grounded, and I'm certain that Rory looked to Donal as the one person to whom he would always be able to trust, to confide in and lean on. And from where he is now, I have no doubt that Rory watches over Donal in much the same way.

The stories Donal could tell- I hope he does finish the book, we'd all love to hear more about their lives and adventures.
RobertaSparrow

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome