RORY ON HARROW COMMUNITY RADIO STATION UK

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

RORY ON HARROW COMMUNITY RADIO STATION UK

Postby SUBY1974 » 06 Aug 2012, 23:56

Tonight I was on Harrow Community Radio in the UK to promote our bookclub THE SUNDAY BOOKCLUB. In this podcast I discuss books, writing etc but they did ask me to bring my favourite music CDs and guess who I brought? The radio station is at Youth Club and they do a lot music there for the young people and hopefully now they will hear of Rory. I saw posters on the wall of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix and I think I will suggest a Rory poster as well! I will bring it along next time. Also it was my first time on radio so please ignore my typical British accent! This radio talk is a good training ground for when I promote my novel next year. They did invite me again to talk about Blues and Rock cos the presenter Sarah loves that genre too! Now that's what I call fate! Anyway enjoy. Rory On! Sarah was very interested in Rory as she has never heard of him before. After tonight most of Harrow will know who Rory is hopefully or will be reminded. Yeah!!Subrata.x

http://hcrfm.org/happiness Harrow Community Radio Website
http://www.podcasts.canstream.co.uk/har ... 279603.mp3 The podcast of tonight's show with me and Sarah interviewing me.
Last edited by SUBY1974 on 06 Aug 2012, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
SUBY1974
 
Posts: 2101
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:52

Re: RORY ON HARROW COMMUNITY RADIO STATION UK

Postby SUBY1974 » 06 Aug 2012, 23:57

Hi Jim and Jay Jay, Do you know where my photos of Cork 2O12 are? They seemed to have disappeared in "the loop"? Subrata.x
SUBY1974
 
Posts: 2101
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:52

Re: RORY ON HARROW COMMUNITY RADIO STATION UK

Postby JimLED » 07 Aug 2012, 00:43

SUBY1974 wrote:Hi Jim and Jay Jay, Do you know where my photos of Cork 2O12 are? They seemed to have disappeared in "the loop"? Subrata.x


hi Suby,
sure...
http://forum.rorygallagher.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2653
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
User avatar
JimLED
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 23:08
Location: UKRAINE

Re: RORY ON HARROW COMMUNITY RADIO STATION UK

Postby SUBY1974 » 07 Aug 2012, 13:12

Hi Roberta. Yes of course you can copy Cork travel photos and so can any other Rory fan. If it helps in one's travels in Cork to visit Rory landmarks that's fine. I love to sit next to him in St Oliver and look out on that stunning view of Ballincollig hills. As Rory is my elder I would have loved talked to him about books,music and art. He was a very intelligent and knowledgeable man. Yeah the Father Matthew quote. I was thinking about the fact this Brother Matthew who did that Rory. Just thinking about it causes me pain and the fact there was not much understanding back then. When I went to school corporal punishment was long gone. This Father Matthew statue dates from the 1900s. Maybe his name reminded Rory what his so call teacher did?? Subrata.x
SUBY1974
 
Posts: 2101
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:52

Re: RORY ON HARROW COMMUNITY RADIO STATION UK

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Aug 2012, 16:22

SUBY1974 wrote:Tonight I was on Harrow Community Radio in the UK to promote our bookclub THE SUNDAY BOOKCLUB. In this podcast I discuss books, writing etc but they did ask me to bring my favourite music CDs and guess who I brought? The radio station is at Youth Club and they do a lot music there for the young people and hopefully now they will hear of Rory. I saw posters on the wall of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix and I think I will suggest a Rory poster as well! I will bring it along next time. Also it was my first time on radio so please ignore my typical British accent! This radio talk is a good training ground for when I promote my novel next year. They did invite me again to talk about Blues and Rock cos the presenter Sarah loves that genre too! Now that's what I call fate! Anyway enjoy. Rory On! Sarah was very interested in Rory as she has never heard of him before. After tonight most of Harrow will know who Rory is hopefully or will be reminded. Yeah!!Subrata.x

http://hcrfm.org/happiness Harrow Community Radio Website
http://www.podcasts.canstream.co.uk/har ... 279603.mp3 The podcast of tonight's show with me and Sarah interviewing me.


Hey Suby,

Great voice! your are a natural for radio :)

Thanks for the Rory music you presented to the programme. Really showing in your two choices of songs, Rory's great virtuosity..
In his tenderness and passionate guitar playing indeed.

Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooo he's my hero too :) :) :) :) :) :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
User avatar
Jay Jay
 
Posts: 4755
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 16:03
Location: In Your Town

Re: RORY ON HARROW COMMUNITY RADIO STATION UK

Postby SUBY1974 » 08 Aug 2012, 21:22

Hi Jay Jay. Thanks! Sometimes I think I sound too posh and too Harrovian! Yeah i loved doing the radio show. As my profile as an author grows in the literature world they will ask me my interests etc and yes I will always mention Rory and music. I am keeping my promise to him to spread his name and music within the creative world. Yeah I love those Rory songs and I guess I chose them because I am a very passionate, emotional, intense writer and i know that as a musician Rory was the same and that's why I love his songs and his guitar playing. That why I love rock, blues and folklore music. I really have matured as a writer as well. Yeah he is my my hero too and least I forget Rory loved books and loved to write as well!! :D :D :D Subrata. x
Last edited by SUBY1974 on 08 Aug 2012, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
SUBY1974
 
Posts: 2101
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:52

Re: RORY ON HARROW COMMUNITY RADIO STATION UK

Postby Noelle » 08 Aug 2012, 21:44

Hi Suby: Father Matthew, whose statue is in Patrick Street, was an Irishman famous for his stance on temporance! He was instrumental in founding the Total Abstinence Society and was an adamant promoter of teetotalism! (He had his work cut out!). So you may understand Rory's quip by naming him as the last person he would invite to a party! Regards. Noelle.
Noelle
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 14:35

Re: RORY ON HARROW COMMUNITY RADIO STATION UK

Postby SUBY1974 » 08 Aug 2012, 21:53

Thanks Noelle. I do remember reading about that somewhere. You are right. Subrata. x
SUBY1974
 
Posts: 2101
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:52

Re: RORY ON HARROW COMMUNITY RADIO STATION UK

Postby RobertaSparrow » 09 Aug 2012, 06:15

SUBY1974 wrote:Hi Roberta. Yes of course you can copy Cork travel photos and so can any other Rory fan. If it helps in one's travels in Cork to visit Rory landmarks that's fine. I love to sit next to him in St Oliver and look out on that stunning view of Ballincollig hills. As Rory is my elder I would have loved talked to him about books,music and art. He was a very intelligent and knowledgeable man. Yeah the Father Matthew quote. I was thinking about the fact this Brother Matthew who did that Rory. Just thinking about it causes me pain and the fact there was not much understanding back then. When I went to school corporal punishment was long gone. This Father Matthew statue dates from the 1900s. Maybe his name reminded Rory what his so call teacher did?? Subrata.x


Thanks Subrata. Yeah, corporal punishment hasn't been used here either for years. My daughter went to parochial school here in Oregon, and it was coed and totally non-violent. But in the 50's-60's people were a lot less enlightened over here as well. When I read about how his mother Monica reacted to what they did I admire her. Sounds like she was a good, strong parent. I would have done exactly the same thing.

After I read Noelle's post Rory's comment makes sense though. I jumped to the conclusion that it had something to do with that punishment incident. But it makes perfect sense now that I know the history behind it, if Fr. Matthew was an historical figure prominent in a total abstinence movement he would put something of a damper on a party. One of those cultural references of which I am totally ignorant. :)
User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon


Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron