RORY GALLAGHER MUSEUM PLANNED FOR CORK

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

RORY GALLAGHER MUSEUM PLANNED FOR CORK

Postby Sinner Girl » 30 Jul 2012, 11:49

A Rory Gallagher museum featuring memorabilia from the legendary blues guitarist is being planned for Cork.

It is part of a major push by Cork City Council to use music as a draw for tourists and visitors to Leeside.
The council has also begun a new scheme encouraging current and former students of the Cork School of Music to bring classical music to the streets through busking.
For the past three weeks, pairs of musicians have been performing in various city centre locations.
Speaking to the Evening Echo, Damien O’Mahony, the head of the city council’s tourism, events, arts and marketing (TEAM) unit, said the response so far to the buskers had been very positive. He said plans for the Rory Gallagher museum were at a very early stage but it was hoped the museum would tell the musician’s story, highlighting his influences, his early years in the showband scene and how he went on to become one of the world’s greatest guitarists.
“We would be eager to work with anyone interested in promoting Rory Gallagher and his music,” Mr O’Mahony said.
“Cork already has an extraordinarily vibrant music scene. When you consider the Cork School of Music, UCC’s music department, the traditional music Lee Sessions, the choral, jazz and folk festivals, you can really see how eclectic it is.”
The Lee Sessions feature traditional music in various venues around Cork. It ensures tourists and visitors can experience trad every night and often in the afternoons.
Mr O’Mahony also said that four city ambassadors were now in place at various tourist popular locations to welcome visitors, give directions and recommend places to see.
The ambassadors are in the tourist office on Grand Parade, at the bus station, at the cruise terminal in Cobh and at Kent train station.
There are also hopes the Elizabeth Fort on Barrack Street will open to visitors in the coming weeks. Production has already started on an audio tour telling the history of the fort.

The link: http://www.eveningecho.ie/2012/07/30/ro ... Y.facebook

ps. Thank you Milo :)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Re: RORY GALLAGHER MUSEUM PLANNED FOR CORK

Postby Jay Jay » 30 Jul 2012, 12:02

Sinner Girl wrote:ps. Thank you Milo

Thank you Sinner Girl for the heads up on this good news too :)
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER MUSEUM PLANNED FOR CORK

Postby SUBY1974 » 18 Aug 2012, 20:50

This is good news indeed! Cool! Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome