"Get Donal and Gerry to make-up !!!"

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: "Get Donal and Gerry to make-up !!!"

Postby JimLED » 21 Jul 2012, 07:15

I think there need some kind person who can connect a lines between two guys, two by connectors. Can Loose Talk be the same person?
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Jay Jay » 21 Jul 2012, 11:07

nickskelson wrote:Here is a really interesting thought for everyone. Highly cynical of me to point this out, but yes, I am a cynic.
Riding Shotgun was released on 03.06.2005. Is that right Jay Jay?
Mrs. Monica Gallagher died on 14.08.2005. Is that right Jay Jay?
Rory, I think I am right in saying? Left all his worldly belongings to his mother? Including business rights? Am I right Jay Jay?
When Mrs. Gallagher died she then left all her worldly belongings to Donal Gallagher Esq. Am I right Jay Jay?
It would appear to me that the commercial enterprise of Rory Gallagher, based on the Experience Hendrix model started shortly after these dates, is that right Jay Jay?
Cynical person I am. Wonder how long this stays on Jay Jay?
I am not making any statements here - just asking questions, and asking Jay Jay for some answers.
Just wondering if Gerrys book upset Donal for business or personal reasons?
Just asking questions? What do people think?

Not only stayed on Nick but I copied it. Although I agree with Roberta about most of this post. Maybe though the rest should have been better posted on topic ~ Donal on a Mission for Rory?? I have no answers because I don't understand the questioning towards me really?
RobertaSparrow wrote: And none of this has anything to do with the price of tea in China.

With your last but one sentence though Nick "Just wondering if Gerrys book upset Donal for business or personal reasons?"

You yourself admitting here it was Gerry whom drew first blood by upsetting Donal even. So if this is the case either way, should he not be the man to approach Donal with an apology to make up as we all want?
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 22 Nov 2012, 17:59

Simone said previously..

"For love and peace and Rory`s sake. I have never been too afraid to have enough "balls" to step forward and speak my truth. So I cap in hand, will say that I honestly believe that Donal would most probably be willing, to forgive and reconcile with Gerry. Provided..(now this is where it gets real tricky)...that Gerry apologizes to him about the things that have so deeply hurt his feelings. This of course would first imply that Gerry,(should he even be aware/insightful to this) would come forward ( in whatever way) and show some kind of readiness for a clearing conversation, and- possibly- an apology.
Apologizing is probably the hardest thing to do for most people, as most people would consider this to be a sign of weakness, or of some kind of confession that they have lost,or something of that nature. But I firmly believe it to be a sign of great strength and tallness !!
Not doing so,in the long run,is always the higher price to be paid ! No matter which way one chooses to look at it.
I certainly hope that both these influential men,whom we have so much to thank for,will realize this,and for heaven`s sake ! Meet in some pub or whatever,have a few pints together,and talk to each other ! It will work, I am fully convinced, if both will make a specific attempt to try to see it from the other`s point of view, with both of them having reconciliation intents in their hearts, no fingers pointed!"

Love and Peace and RORY to all !!!!
Simone67 - Posts: 427

RORY FANS..

You will be glad to hear.. Gerry has apologized to Donal at Lou Martin's funeral. About his previous misgivings in his RS book.

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 22 Nov 2012, 21:08

:) Good, life is too short. Better that they should be friends. Rory and Lou probably worked together from where they are to help them.
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 22 Nov 2012, 21:18

That is wondeful news!!x
SUBY1974

Postby Sinner Girl » 22 Nov 2012, 21:32

Wonderful news ;) ;) It's about time, life is too short :D
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby innuendo » 24 Nov 2012, 12:18

when was the irish tour audio commentaries with gerry and donal recorded? i haven't listened to them yet but i'm curious what year was it and were they recorded together or separately.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 25 Nov 2012, 05:59

innuendo wrote:when was the irish tour audio commentaries with gerry and donal recorded? i haven't listened to them yet but i'm curious what year was it and were they recorded together or separately.

I don't know when they were recorded, and I've wondered that myself. But they are definitely together- it's more of a conversation between the two than a commentary- interesting info as well. . .
RobertaSparrow

Postby Simone67 » 25 Nov 2012, 10:46

...WONDERFUL news !!!!

...I do hope that waves will now be smoothed out enough,so the Band of friends will be welcome at Roryfests around !

A couple of weeks ago I was in Rheinberg in the "schwarzer Adler" to see them at a concert,something I had been looking forward to for ages.- Most unfortunately I became very sick right in the middle of that very packed concert room,and my friends and I had to leave half way through.......what a bummer !!!!! Fancy coming down with a fever and all that sh...half way through a concert like that !!!
Now...since our prayers have been answered....there`s a good chance I will get to see and hear them again after all !

...." Life-is-very-short...and there`s no time...for fussing and fighting my friend ! I- have -always -thought-that it`s a crime...so I will ask you once again..... Try to see it my way....."
WE CAN WORK IT OUT ! ;)
Simone67

Postby JimLED » 25 Nov 2012, 20:44

I'd like to see the photo of these two guys together! :)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome