"Get Donal and Gerry to make-up !!!"

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: "Get Donal and Gerry to make-up !!!"

Postby Sinner Girl » 13 Jul 2012, 23:28

:shock: :( :( :(
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby nickskelson » 13 Jul 2012, 23:50

Coming back onto topic then everybody.
Jay Jay and myself have just made up and buried the hatchet.

Wouldn't it be great if Donal and Gerry could be big enough to do the same?

Is there anything you can try to do from Donals side Jay Jay?
Have a try mate - as we have just discovered personally, life is too short for this sort of thing to go on.
nickskelson

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Jul 2012, 23:51

So if the bass player and I can settle up things .. The other bass player and the other guy can maybe do the same one day hopefully ;)

Nick yes, do you know I've been itching to say this on here and I'm like you that's the trouble I say what i feel ...

Anyway you were saying in a post why don't one of the two contact each other and be man enough. I know Gerry knows what I've been saying on here this Rory's LT forum because..
1. I've had PM's from Marcel lead guitarist of band of friends say Gerry says different to what Donal told me.
2. A mistaken sent email to me by the Belgian lady? Whom just so happens to run the BOF Facebook page. With Gerry saying I would like a private conversation with this Jay Jay guy.

I've got Gerry's email address now and could talk to him. But It's not me who he wants a private conversation with, it's Donal to sort things out..

Don't you all agree?
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Jul 2012, 23:53

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
SUBY1974

Postby Sinner Girl » 14 Jul 2012, 00:00

:D :D :D :D ;)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Jul 2012, 01:09

So if the bass player and I can settle up .. The other bass player and the other guy can maybe do the same one day hopefully ;)

I wonder what it would have been like if it ever occurred to Rory that he could easily have gone minimalist and blown everyone else out of the water? He didn't need a bass player, Rory could play circles around these guys. It's a good thing for Gerry that he never did. Then there'd be no book. A pamphlet maybe.

Flat Duo Jets- Crazy Hazy Kisses

White Stripes- Death Letter (no she isn't his sister, she is his ex-wife, and he took her last name when they married,- and yeah I know she isn't that great a drummer, not really even a good drummer but she was his muse)
Another trivial fact- Jack White is a 7th son- he has 6 older brothers. Brothers. Of the same blood.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdvUmWoECiI&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... qG-zo&NR=1
Black Keys- no they aren't black. They aren't keys either.

Another random thought- Rory liked Karen Carpenter, they might have had fun playing together, no bass player needed. Hey- here's another thought- Karen and Rory were both born on March 2, different years though.

Now to clear the audio palate so to speak.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmlNUeMXZA&feature=g-vrec[/youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmlNUeM ... ure=g-vrec
The sweet, gentle, sexy man himself.

IMHO Gerry needs to make amends to Donal. He needs to approach it with a little humility.
Last edited by RobertaSparrow on 16 Jul 2012, 02:30, edited 2 times in total.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 15 Jul 2012, 10:40

RobertaSparrow wrote:I wonder what it would have been like if it ever occurred to Rory that he could easily have gone minimalist and blown everyone else out of the water? He didn't need a bass player, Rory could play circles around these guys. It's a good thing for Gerry that he never did. Then there'd be no book. A pamphlet maybe.

Rory at times you're right.. did not need a bass player or even a drummer.. 'cause he was a pure genius ;)

Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 17 Jul 2012, 23:53

nickskelson wrote:Wouldn't it be great if Donal and Gerry could be big enough to do the same?

Is there anything you can try to do from Donals side Jay Jay?
Have a try mate - as we have just discovered personally, life is too short for this sort of thing to go on.

Well, I'm doing my best from this side of the fence ..

I've asked Nick as a bass player with the most well known Rory Gallagher tribute band round, to contact fellow and hero bass player Gerry McAvoy.
Giving him Gerry's email address in a PM twice now without any reply?
After asking for someone to have the balls for this topic to be put up in the first place. Which Simone kindly did just that for him.

What's Going On?
Is the bass man going to contact the other bass man?
Jay Jay

Postby nickskelson » 18 Jul 2012, 02:18

No way Jay Jay. It's not my place to be contacting Gerry or anyone about such personal issues.
We can talk here about our hopes and wishes -- but there is no way I would invade the privacy of anybody, sticking my nose in and asking personal questions.
Absolutely no way.
Who am I? - I'm just someone who has copied Gerry since I was 17 the best I can.
I would never even talk to Gerry unless he approached me - sometimes when you look up to someone it is better to leave them up there.
nickskelson

Postby RobertaSparrow » 18 Jul 2012, 06:30

nickskelson: Is there anything you can try to do from Donals side Jay Jay?

Jay jay: I've got Gerry's email address now and could talk to him. But It's not me who he wants a private conversation with, it's Donal to sort things out..
Don't you all agree?

Yeah, that's the spirit- reconciliation and all that. Communication is a two way street. And the bass player threw down the gauntlet, and it appears the challenge was accepted.

Jay Jay: Well, I'm doing my best from this side of the fence . . . I've asked Nick as a bass player with the most well known Rory Gallagher tribute band round, to contact fellow and hero bass player Gerry McAvoy.
Giving him Gerry's email address in a PM twice now without any reply? After asking for someone to have the balls for this topic to be put up in the first place. Which Simone kindly did just that for him.
What's Going On?
Is the bass man going to contact the other bass man?

But wait . . . looks like the balls are in the other court-

nickskelson: No way Jay Jay. It's not my place to be contacting Gerry or anyone about such personal issues.
We can talk here about our hopes and wishes -- but there is no way I would invade the privacy of anybody, sticking my nose in and asking personal questions.
Absolutely no way.
Who am I? - I'm just someone who has copied Gerry since I was 17 the best I can.
I would never even talk to Gerry unless he approached me - sometimes when you look up to someone it is better to leave them up there.

And we have a no way Jose' situation. So it's more of a "get Rory's only brother to contact his former employee" kind of situation?

Rory liked Bob Dylan's music. He sometimes covered Dylan's music in his later shows. He should have done a cover of this one- Positively 4th Street- he could have dedicated it to Gerry-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfpN2bgq ... re=related

It's the Dylan song that begins with, You've got a lotta nerve to say you are my friend . . . the words ring so true...

You got a lotta nerve
To say you are my friend
When I was down
You just stood there grinning

You got a lotta nerve
To say you got a helping hand to lend
You just want to be on
The side that’s winning

You say I let you down
You know it’s not like that
If you’re so hurt
Why then don’t you show it

You say you lost your faith
But that’s not where it’s at
You had no faith to lose
And you know it

I know the reason
That you talk behind my back
I used to be among the crowd
You’re in with

Do you take me for such a fool
To think I’d make contact
With the one who tries to hide
What he don’t know to begin with

You see me on the street
You always act surprised
You say, “How are you?” “Good luck”
But you don’t mean it

When you know as well as me
You’d rather see me paralyzed
Why don’t you just come out once
And scream it

No, I do not feel that good
When I see the heartbreaks you embrace
If I was a master thief
Perhaps I’d rob them

And now I know you’re dissatisfied
With your position and your place
Don’t you understand
It’s not my problem

I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
And just for that one moment
I could be you

Yes, I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
You’d know what a drag it is
To see you
Copyright © 1965 by Warner Bros. Inc.; renewed 1993 by Special Rider Music
Last edited by RobertaSparrow on 25 Jul 2012, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
RobertaSparrow

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome