"Get Donal and Gerry to make-up !!!"

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

"Get Donal and Gerry to make-up !!!"

Postby Simone67 » 13 Jul 2012, 07:24

Hi friends,

I thought Nick`s idea to this,born out of all the ..".c.o.hs." comments, was absolutely fantastic ! Thank you Nick for bringing this up,for as we know,the 3 steps of constructive creation are : Thought
Word
Deed

I would love reconsiliation between the two men to take place,whenever,wherever.- Wouldn`t it be great if the two of them could actually bury the battle axe ?!! (more of my views on this to come later...)

(quote) : "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it......"

Love and peace to all ! :)
Simone67

Re: "Get Donal and Gerry to make-up !!!"

Postby deuce » 13 Jul 2012, 08:11

I second that !!!

Thanks Nick for calling a spade a spade ;) and bringing that up and thanks Simone for taking action.

Come on guys, Roryworld should be united and I´d love to see Sinnerboy AND the Band of Friends in Ballyshannon next year.
...my heart´s in trouble, my soul´s on fire...
deuce

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Jul 2012, 08:11

I agree! Come on Gerry and Donal! Let's all chant Make Up! Make Up! Make Up! Make Up! Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Flamenca » 13 Jul 2012, 14:34

It's not as simple as that.

Some of the things in Gerry's book were very hurtful, and I don't just mean the personal stuff about Rory's parents and Donal. I winced when I read the statements about money because I knew they were misleading, to say the least.
I do know a certain amount about Rory's finances, and to say Gerry was possibly 'mistaken' is putting it kindly indeed.
It would be wholly unprofessional for me to elaborate and I have no intention of ever doing so, so please don't ask.
I understand why Donal feels so terribly hurt and I don't blame him at all.
Flamenca

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Jul 2012, 14:46

Flamenca wrote:I understand why Donal feels so terribly hurt and I don't blame him at all.

That's exactly the case. Donal / Rory are victims here of miss trust. It's the After Taste all over again :(
Donal and Rory were the management team as well as siblings for the Rory Gallagher band remember.

Thank god this time around Rory is not here to witness it all.
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Jul 2012, 18:55

Thankyou to everybody else who has responded to my previous posts - the people who agree and disagree ---- remember it was me who first suggested people on here to try to Donal and Gerry to make-up.....

I think before anyone starts chanting "Get Donal and Gerry to make up," it might be a good idea to first get everybody on this board back together . . . to step back and cool down a little bit. A little passion and righteous indignation goes a long way, and (here goes) I don't personally know anyone on this board. But I gather from the intensity and emotional overload floating around at the moment that many of the people on this site do know each other and have for a while. One thing an outsider can sometimes see that someone close cannot, is that it is counter-productive for you all to draw up sides and start to say things that you might (strike that- you most certainly will) regret. Especially on the 'net- whatever you say on the internet stays there forever and you can't walk it back.

It is not dissimilar to publishing a book- for all the world to see- full of, well, full of inaccuracies, half-truths, and unnecessarily hurtful gripes and petty ( I cannot get over the impact a simple turn of phrase can have on your side of the world. I'm an American, and we're known- to a fault- for not mincing words. Gender doesn't really apply. I wanted to get my point across, and apparently I did) complaints. A hot, steamy pile. And once it's there, then everyone has to deal with it.

So I would suggest that everyone take a time-out, and rethink what they want to say next. Just a thought.

I'm going to queue up some early Rory acoustic stuff on YouTube and get lost in that for a while. Some early '70s I think. Damn, he was so sweet, and so sexy at the same time back then. I wonder if he knew it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ky7pmnF9WQ&feature=related[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ky7pmnF ... re=related
RobertaSparrow

Postby tonetanner » 13 Jul 2012, 19:54

I'll sit on the fence with the thread, but I would like Nick to confirm who the sad bas**rds are in his opinion.
Cheers
TT
what do you think of that?
tonetanner

Postby tonetanner » 13 Jul 2012, 23:01

Thanks Nick for your reply to me.
TT
what do you think of that?
tonetanner

Postby JimLED » 13 Jul 2012, 23:04

Guys, would you like to make a couple steps to privat mail or PM?
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Jul 2012, 23:12

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
SUBY1974

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome