Marina Hotel, Rhyl, 1994 / Rory's Health issues?

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Re: Marina Hotel, Rhyl, 1994 / Rory's Health issues?

Postby tonetanner » 13 Jul 2012, 19:17

How many people does it take to change a light bulb?
One,but the light bulb has really got to want to change.

Rory may not have got all he dreamt of, but presented with the options, he chose what he wanted. Contrary to what some of you might think, some alcoholics don't drink, and some non-alcoholics drink too much - its not black and white. To go further, many alcoholics / drinkers don't want to give up drinking, because it is so pleasurable and sociable, and life without alcohol would be unbearable. I won't go into details about my family, but my father died at 47 from 'over indulgence', and my sister who is 50 is still a 'bon viveur' despite a spell in ITU a few years ago, as I am. It may shorten my / our life significantly, but we are 'choosing' our future - neither alcohol nor family nor friends can do that.

Anyway, I saw Rory in '80, but not when he was in decline. To be honest, I can't remember much of it, but I know it was good. I've seen some duff performers too (maybe I'm one as well), even Hendrix was average on a lot of shows, and Clapton went through the motions for 30 years. But its all in the name of entertainment when it comes down to it. Maybe too much was expected from Rory in the end.

TT
what do you think of that?
tonetanner

Previous

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome