Why doctors were killing Rory

Rory Fans ~ New members checkout updated forum rules.. here before posting please
Forum rules
styles/rules.png

LOOSE TALK ~ Moderator Team..
Cynthia Armento (RobertaSparrow) (USA) John Ganjamie (roryfan) (USA) JJ Joyce (Jay Jay) (UK) Jim Petrover (JimLED) (Ukraine).
© RORY GALLAGHER LOOSE TALK 2013

Why doctors were killing Rory

Postby Olav » 22 May 2012, 13:57

I still don't understand how stupid were those doctors who prescribed pills to Rory. Even students know about deadly combination of medicines. How it happenned?! Even Donal tried to stop this slow killing of his brother but everything was in vain. This doctors were looking at Rory and they saw changes in his health and his looks. Why didn't they stop prescribing pills?! There is not so many days left now till 14 of June so I'm again in deep depression about what happenned to Rory.
Olav

Re: Why doctors were killing Rory

Postby Jay Jay » 22 May 2012, 14:18

Olav wrote:I still don't understand how stupid were those doctors who prescribed pills to Rory. Even students know about deadly combination of medicines. How it happenned?! Even Donal tried to stop this slow killing of his brother but everything was in vain. This doctors were looking at Rory and they saw changes in his health and his looks. Why didn't they stop prescribing pills?! There is not so many days left now till 14 of June so I'm again in deep depression about what happenned to Rory.

Exactly Olav .. all of us are usually at our weakest times when visiting the doctors. Seem to put our total trust in them :(
It's a pity the doctors did not tell Rory this. The words of one of his most rockin' & lively songs ..

CALLED UP MY DOCTOR WAS NOT FEELING SO WELL
CALLED UP MY DOCTOR WAS NOT FEELING SO WELL
HE LOOKED INTO MY EYES AND THIS IS WHAT HE HAD TO TELL
YOU DON’T NEED NO DOCTOR, YOU DON’T NEED NO PILL
YOU DON’T NEED NO DOCTOR, YOU DON’T NEED NO PILLS
JUST TAKE MY ADVICE IT’S SURE TO CURE ALL YOUR ILLS

HEAD ON DOWN TO NEW ORLEANS THE GREATEST PLACE YOU’VE EVER SEEN
HEAD ON DOWN TO THE RIVER BEND, THAT’S WHERE THE MUSIC NEVER ENDS
HONKY TONK PIANO, DON’T YOU FEEL GOOD
GET A SHOT OF RHYTHM & BLUES
HEAD ON DOWN TO NEW ORLEANS THE GREATEST PLACE YOU’VE EVER BEEN
HEAD ON DOWN TO THE RIVER BEND, TAKE IN THE MUSIC OF THEM CAJUN BANDS
HONKY TONK PIANO, DON’T YOU FEEL GOOD
GET A SHOT OF RHYTHM & BLUES

Rock On for Rory
Jay Jay

Postby Sinner Girl » 22 May 2012, 14:59

Olav wrote:I still don't understand how stupid were those doctors who prescribed pills to Rory. Even students know about deadly combination of medicines. How it happenned?! Even Donal tried to stop this slow killing of his brother but everything was in vain. This doctors were looking at Rory and they saw changes in his health and his looks. Why didn't they stop prescribing pills?! There is not so many days left now till 14 of June so I'm again in deep depression about what happenned to Rory.

I agree completely with your post,and it makes me angry especially at the doctors :evil: :evil: :evil:
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Flamenca » 22 May 2012, 17:58

Sinner Girl wrote:

I agree completely with your post,and it makes me angry especially at the doctors :evil: :evil: :evil:

Couldn't agree more.
Found an interesting link ...
http://www.healthzone.ca/health/newsfea ... elebrities
Flamenca

Postby RobertaSparrow » 17 Jun 2012, 11:51

It's infuriating because all they had to do was monitor the liver enzyme levels in his blood. They would have seen elevated liver enzyme levels long before it became critical. The liver has amazing regenerative properties, and I'm sure that there would have been plenty of time for him to heal naturally if the doctor had been doing his job. Rory must have trusted that his doctors knew what they were doing. They are supposed to know more than a patient's family and friends. It was nothing less than cruel indifference on the part of his doctor, and it should be criminal. Rory suffered horribly, you can see it in his last few performances. Poor Donal couldn't save his brother but he tried.
RobertaSparrow

Postby blues blooded » 23 Jun 2012, 14:25

I don't think you can blame the doctor for killing Rory. He was hooked on all types of things just like Jackson, Elvis and many others Rory would have got hold of them from somebody else anyway. There were a lot of factors that contributed to Rory's death, and the underlying cause was booze.
blues blooded

Postby blues blooded » 23 Jun 2012, 14:28

Flamenca wrote:
Sinner Girl wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
Found an interesting link ...
http://www.healthzone.ca/health/newsfea ... elebrities

As usual it's everyone elses fault. Who forced them to do drink and drugs?
blues blooded

Postby Olav » 24 Jun 2012, 08:06

You can read the chapter from Jean-Noel Coghe's book on page 168 called "Death on Prescription". It begins with the words "Contrary to popular belief, alcohol was not the real reason for Rory's death" . He trusted doctors . And doctor must inform his patient that some medicine makes addiction if you use it for certain period. But no word was told about it to Rory.
It is so easy to say that it was only Rory's falt to die this way. I hope that you'll never meet such doctors in your life. I know this well because I met doctors who nearly killed me before I met the right one who operated me and saved my life.
Olav

Postby blues blooded » 24 Jun 2012, 14:31

Olav wrote:You can read the chapter from Jean-Noel Coghe's book on page 168 called "Death on Prescription". It begins with the words "Contrary to popular belief, alcohol was not the real reason for Rory's death" . He trusted doctors . And doctor must inform his patient that some medicine makes addiction if you use it for certain period. But no word was told about it to Rory.
It is so easy to say that it was only Rory's falt to die this way. I hope that you'll never meet such doctors in your life. I know this well because I met doctors who nearly killed me before I met the right one who operated me and saved my life.

I'm not denying he was given bad medical advice.

But I would never ever put my trust in one doctor and also I would do research into what ever medicine I was being given. I don't trust doctors anymore than I would trust a politician or a car salesman.
blues blooded

Postby Olav » 24 Jun 2012, 15:30

Don't forget that Rory was very shy. And probably thougt that doctor can't be wrong.
Olav

Next

Return to Rory Gallagher's Official Forum ~ Welcome